1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Abarth 2015 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Abarth' started by nkrishnap, Oct 25, 2015.

1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Updated. Please check and confirm.
    Tornado likes this.
  2. Passione84

Passione84 Timido

Pune
    Punto Abarth
    Tornado and Murphy_Fiat like this.
  3. RCP

RCP Amatore

Hyderabad
    @prabhjot Please check this: "
    Talking to Economic Times on the sidelines of 2016 Auto Expo, Kevin Flynn, MD, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) APAC, stated that the company is working hard on a next gen product lineup for India. The top official is confident that the strategy would start attaining fruition in the next two years."

This is the link: https://www.rushlane.com/fiat-chrysler-india-next-gen-product-lineup-12185057.html

I also heard that this movement happened recently, through a FCA manager. Am not quite sure, if it's true, but may be need more confirmation on this.
  4. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @RCP I hope the looks change. They should have absolutely no similarity with the existing Linea or Punto for them to have a remote chance of success.
    gpunto75 likes this.
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @RCP @

I see the economy going well-down the tube, if it is not there already or well on its way there, by 2017, let alone 2018.

So: FCA may well turn out to've been lucky vis-a-vis Indian investments (other than for exports), precisely because it has been 'going slow' (i.e., not accumulate losses like everyone else bar MS and HY+Mahindra). i.e., those models, i.e., new Punto etc, if they get launched at all next year, may well be delayed or scrapped since the economic days are getting even-more-'burre', other than perhaps in a few places like bangalore and bihar+bengal..

Of course, that is true/truer elsewhere in the world too, except that the risk/reward for FCA brands and nameplates elsewhere is SO much better than in India for the Fiat brand, imo.

I (could) care less and less. Jeep should be a good-enough one here, and for exports, mefeels. Meanwhile, personally: i am driving the Linea ever-lesser, and think that i have become a re-convert to the joys of walking+fast urban scooters+(in the future)a good Fiat-grade non-ugly-overstyled fast-ish bike! My next purchase will be the Aprilla 150 sports scoot, later in the year or in 2017, not a fiat or indeed the Jeep c-suv or whatever, most likely.
    nikhil0405 likes this.
  6. RCP

RCP Amatore

Hyderabad
    @Raj_pol @prabhjot Absoloutely, they have to come with a different product. One which can take care of a sedan and premium hatchback position like the Egea sedan and Egea hatchback or Ottimo hatchback. (Linea should still continue, so many products will be there in the showroom). Other one should be a simple SUV which will be under 15 lac price line. I think they should seriously consider bringing the Toro as a fully grown SUV - 5 seater/7 seater (not the adventure version).

Am only expecting them to take on the VW, Renault etc. I really don't want them to compete with Suzuki or Hyundai, and in fact that's a different segment and will be taken care by Tata etc., not Fiat

If they can sell at least 5k (personally I say 2k would be good, consistently) of those new products every month, it can be considered as a huge success.
    pdash, nikhil0405 and Raj_pol like this.
  7. RCP

RCP Amatore

Hyderabad
    I heard that somebody got the re-mapped Tjet @150hp. How is that? Am thinking of increasing the power, and have two options:

1. Re-map from wolf or
    2. Change the critical parts with Abarth's parts : The turbo, ECU, Manifold etc. I heard that the cams are the same, as the part numbers are same. Am just waiting to confirm on the gera ratios and the gear tooth etc.

However, I feel that going with the second option would be good, as that will relieve the burden on the turbo as it is a bigger turbo in Abarth. Can somebody give me where the ownership threads are posted for the re-mapped tjets? Also, need your valuable inputs on whether there will be any negatives with increasing power, and what option you will prefer from the above.
  8. RCP

RCP Amatore

Hyderabad
    Guys, I got the final list of the additional parts that has to be modified - to get the additional abarth power

1. Turbo
    2. Inlet and outlet cam
    3. camshaft
    4. manifold
    5. 3 additional sensors

Finally, a stock ECU or re-map from Wolf. Am yet to hear back from wolf team
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  9. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Sir do you have the part Nos for the Listed items.
  10. RCP

RCP Amatore

Hyderabad
    Give me few days please. My estimation is 1.5 lac for all the changes - including ECU or re-map. I will surely, get u the part numbers, just give some time
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.