1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Abarth 2015 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Abarth' started by nkrishnap, Oct 25, 2015.

1. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats on the wow !!!
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Passione84 : Brilliant bro. Congrats :). Accept my wishes and a little bit of envy :D Enjoy the Abarth and please start an ownership report.
  3. RCP

RCP Amatore

Hyderabad
  4. Passione84

Passione84 Timido

Pune
    Punto Abarth
    @ varunrtr: The ride has become much much more comfortable and the car seems to turn pretty grippily; I turn semi-aggressively. I don't feel the softness interfering with the cornering. But then, like I said, I am not an agressive bend weaver. Will definitely go in for firmer tyres next time for a different experience.

Also, thanks all for the well wishes. I don't deserve it, but I will try to be worthy of it.
    Murphy_Fiat, varunrtr and Raj_pol like this.
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations @Passione84! You have got a true hot hatch!!
    keep Revving; Drive Safe :)
  6. RCP

RCP Amatore

Hyderabad
    @prabhjot Guys, I feel that 2017 would be a good one for fiat. It looks like they are working on new product line-up starting 2017, and that they are taking time.

I also heard that they are re-considering 1.6 multi-jet by the end of this year. It is evident that they already started testing few gear boxes. At least, as APAC head, Kevin Flynn has the liberty to design his own strategies.
    Murphy_Fiat and prabhjot like this.
  7. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @RCP
    Could be, at least in terms of new launches and exports etc. Financially too, no doubt, though they already do quite well in india on that front.

btw, Mike Manley, the global brand head of JEEP as well as Ram is the asia-pac head, afaik. Kevin flynn is merely india-ceo, albeit one with a clearly visible degree of autonomy and imagination as they prepare for new Jeep dealerships, new Jeep cbu sales, Jeep c-suv localized manufature, sales and exports, in mid-2017 (earlier?) and then the first of the new Fiat-branded models, if any.

We should keep in mind that India is NOT a major market for any global car company except Hyundai (suzuki is tiny globally), it is WAY down the pecking order of importance, and in any case will NOT be growing much if at all over the next 2-3 years, so: let us not get 'hopes' too high, either, out-of-the deluded consumerist-nationalism everyone is being made to, and is getting-'high'-on.

India just is NOT particularly important for anyone at all, other than Hyundai, Maruti and of course as a base for exports of components, low-end r&d work and some low-end cars, with the Jeep c-suv being the FIRST high-value-added, full-global-d-segment standard vehicle to be made here let alone exported.

cheers
  8. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @prabhjot Why do you think India is not important considering the volume of cars sold here? Also like what happened in the 2 wheeler segment Indians will definitely move to higher priced cars which in turn will lead to higher profits for whosoever does well here.

Also you are not correct - India is an important market for Mercedes, BMW and Audi. Also for Jaguar Land Rover and additional brands like Volvo. They would not be expanding their portfolio if they did not see any profits here. For premium brands they are actually doing pretty well. Now China is slowing down, while India is still doing rather well and I assume there will be an even bigger push for the premium pie in India.
  9. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Sir. These Three Brand and Taking Indians Granted. They Have Dealers in selected cities and they are not investing good amount in or anything like that. they are actually doing what flipkart and other ecommerc sites do. CBU unites at very high price point. sometime they give discount upto a million. how is that possible. for them india is an option for some easy money. sadly we dont have any price monitoring system in place
  10. Passione84

Passione84 Timido

Pune
    Punto Abarth
    Hmmm well I couldn't find how to start a thread so will start off with the ownership report after two weeks.

I am aware of the run-in of the car, but could not resist a few times so did drive it like a maniac. Mostly nicely though, of the 400 km so far. So I was surprised to see the fuel eff indicator stable around 13.3. Maybe it is the tyres though. Because the car rides like butter, very very comfortable ride because of the primacy 3 sts. The firm suspension does its job on the sharp corners and the antiroll bar eliminates body roll and the grip is outstanding for a comfort tyre; but you feel the soft sidewall squishing away (even then, the tyre does not make a screeching noise or lose grip) and the sharpness is dented.

My lady love is super happy with the luxury-car like, quiet refined manner and low engine noise at city speeds. It goes insane on the highway. Plus wherever you go, people turn and see it. The gear shifts are not that difficult or rubbery as people had reported. No major issues with the dealer so far. But let's wait and see.

@nkrishnap if you are the admin, please add an option for Abarth Punto so I can put this instead of fiat enthusiast.