1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Abarth 2015 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Abarth' started by nkrishnap, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Passione84

Passione84 Timido

Pune
    Punto Abarth
    @ prabhjot: I agree. It takes heart to buy a FIAT. However, paying 2 lakh more for the city is for the auto with paddleshifters. But even for the same priced manual v- tec, the current gen only manages to be sensible, not desire stirring.

@RCP: The only tire on their India site with the specs is the Primacy ST. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this over the others? Any other Michelins available, and better than the Primacy ST?

And yepp, I could not resist. Might get it by Sunday.
  2. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    I would pick up the Ventus V12 Evo eyes closed, next in line would be the Primacy 3ST for all round performance. If its grip that you need then the Eagle F1 GDIII it is..

if you need to pick from the 3 options you listed above then I will choose the G3
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.
  3. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    @RCP Tjet is a Mean Machine take her to the Ghat Section and unleash the Tjet, You will not stop doing that.
  4. RCP

RCP Amatore

Hyderabad
    @Passione84 Michelin would be for absolute 0% road noise and soft drive.

Hankook tyres are the loudest, but have great summer tyres. If u can live with the road music, go for them. Michelin have worked on their tyres to suit our environment, in comparision to their older versions. They are good.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 5, 2016 ---
    @Murphy_Fiat Should I wait for linea 125S? I guess, that would be only available in saffire blue. I can't repaint the whole vehicle to white;)
  5. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    If I may interject. 125S would be launched in mid 2016. You would get more power, 5 inch touch screen with navigation and cruise control. It seems that it would be launched only in saffire blue, reminds me of Fiesta 1.6 S.
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    @RCP if you have the patience it is always better to go with Updated Version, 125 s comes with touch screen, reverse camera, May be dual Projectors. But the color option will be saffire blue which i think a bit loud. and it is Fiat when they will launch it is the big question mark.
  7. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Tentative launch is Mid to End April 2016. Doesnt get any projectors.
  8. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    @Passione84 Please go ahead and get whatever is available right now - considering the speed at which Fiat moves (which is generally in slow motion like a 90's love scene from a Bollywood movie) I would say maybe they would release the upgraded Linea sometime next year.
    jumu likes this.
  9. RCP

RCP Amatore

Hyderabad
    Update guys: I test drove the abarth punto just now. I took it for a long drive on the ORR. There is leaps of difference in the initial speeds vs. the tjet. As @prabhjot rightly said, when I worked hard in the 3rd and 4th gears, it is just bringing lots of smiles to my face. In 3rd I did 120, 4th - 150 and then to almost 200. However, after 150 both tjet and abarth performs exactly the same. And now the stability comes in, and this is where linea excels. Just a press on the pedal, linea comes to halt like an aircraft, but punto takes some time. Upgradation to 205 section tyres may deal with this, but defnitely can't match linea's stability. Both performs the same way after 130 to 140. But, in the city, u will never worry about those big mercs or BMWs. Abarth will just pass them with ease, and as a hatchback maneuverability is just awesome. U don't need to look at the speedo to maintain speeds, just press the right pedal and it will make sure to be in the right spot. Am so impressed with it's initial power and the engine response. Way ahead than any other car, even than the tjet, but only until 130(2 secs of difference).

I will still go ahead and get the tjet. Now, a new idea popped up - I will sell my grande punto and get Abarth Punto. No other thoughts. :smuggrin::D:)Period;)
  10. Passione84

Passione84 Timido

Pune
    Punto Abarth
    Okay I have zeroed in finally on two tyres after a lot of reading/hearing ...
    Michelin Primacy 3 ST or
    Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE002?

Which one is better for the Abarth and why? Please help. Price is no object.