1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Abarth 2015 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Abarth' started by nkrishnap, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Bharath Balasubramanian

Bharath Balasubramanian Timido

Fiat Enthusiast

that's pushing it a little too far. Most drivers prefer marutis for a reason.
    Revv and Raj_pol like this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Bharath Balasubramanian

Hardly: my Linea t-jet stops 3+metres before a 2015 Honda City from 80 to 0!

They prefer Maruti-s for many excellent reasons, of which build quality, ride-handling, steering or indeed the quality of braking (i.e., safety AND pleasure/comfort) are usually NOT a part. That is if one goes by the car 'sense' of the Maruti, Hyundai and Honda buyers one has known. Their priorities are definitely, very elsewhere, on average.

Not coincidentally, indian automag reviews of East Asian cars will rarely if at all touch upon or even mention these factors, barring ride-handling which too are passed-off as decent/improved etc when they remain AWFUL (esp Hyundai and Honda, maruti much less so on some models).

But who are we to whine about Maruti? Maruti sells 6% the number of cars of FCA globally, but has a bigger market-cap/share-value (profit margins of 15+-% per alto/swift etc,as high as Ferrari's!) All of the rest of Suzuki (including their motorcycles and marine engines etc) global businesses lose money but they cracked india, early on, so.

Which Fiat was in a position to in a huge, by-now unimaginable by us current owners, way when the UNO was launched but....the rest is history. Maruti's dominance is such that, other than a merger with them, much speculated and rumoured about for the last few years, FCA should consider just becoming a 'contract manufacturer' for the maruti brand out of Ranjangaon, with models such as the 500L, Nuvo Uno etc?!
  3. Bharath Balasubramanian

Bharath Balasubramanian Timido

Fiat Enthusiast
    I was in Lonavala and was travelling in a Swift that had allegedly done 300 K kms and still running!!! Suddenly we came across another swift that had stopped while climbing the ghat and both me and driver agreed that there was nothing wrong with the car and just the person driving it. He then went on to praise the ability of the swift to manoeuvre the ghat easily!!! To which I asked him if he ever tried a Polo!!! Pat came his reply and he mentioned that it is not about the cost/expenses as much as it is about how soon the car can be fixed ... so that he can get back to his business!!!

I understand Fiat may be great car maker but try saying this to someone in Germany and you will be negated!!!

People in different parts have their own way of seeing things ( a Lonavala outlook, a german perspective, a teamfiat fanboysim)!!!

A Birds Eye View!!!
    Turbothinghy and prabhjot like this.
  4. RCP

RCP Amatore

5. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Punto Evo 1.3
    When I searched for images, the FIAT Mobi seemed to have a boxy design which I found ugly and resembled in some ways to the Wagon R. Is Fiat taking design tips from Maruti? :p
  6. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Well said. The irony is that a Polo is seen as a better handler when compared to a Punto (in their GT and Abarth guise as well) in the German market, whereas in India, the same cant be said :D
  7. Passione84

Passione84 Timido

Punto Abarth
    Does anyone know if/when there will more colour options?
  8. sachinls3

sachinls3 Amatore

I had a test drive of Abarth Punto. Strangely the sales person said that Avventura engine is not Abarth Engine, it's a FIAT engine tuned by Abarth and Punto Abarth engine is only Abarth engine!

Can someone please throw some light on this?
  9. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Linea 1.3
    Please throw some light (stones-if possible) on that sales guy....

both engines are "same" - from the linea T-jet with a bigger turbo, intercooler and other stuffs with different engine mapping for both vehicles. but the suspensions are different for the abarth twins.

Why can't fiat train these people well?? It is because of sales people like these fiat is missing the cake.:banghead::banghead:
    Aniket Dessai and lakshminandan like this.
  10. Aniket Dessai

Aniket Dessai Amatore

Fiat Enthusiast
    An entry level car for the masses is what fiat needs. Maybe one tin can in its lineup just to keep the service centers in business. Thats what Indians want in today's age.
    Fiat needs to get a super VFM car with peppier city capabilities. Make it slightly safer than the opposition. With many fiat cars on road the Brand will gain the confidence of the masses and then they can keep hold of their customers.
    Raj_pol likes this.