1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto Abarth 2015 - Test Drive and Review

Discussion in 'Abarth' started by nkrishnap, Oct 25, 2015.

1. acechip

acechip Superiore

prabhjot likes this.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Avvy mjd is comparable to ecosport diesel( specially the pre-facelift version with similar power output). Cost wise Ecosport sits higher but both cars have similar traits like the following:

1) high GC. Here Avvy trumps Ecosport.
    2) less than 4m in length.
    3) both had similar power outputs in diesel guise with Ecosport trumping Avvy in 0-100 sprint and Avvy better in in gear acceleration.
    4) Both can seat 4 people with ease and none of them is a genuine 5 seater even though Ecosport is roomier.
    5) Both have the Stepney at the rear tailgate.
    6) Both aren't proper SUVs.
    7) Both are solidly built and are engaging to drive even though Avvy has better handling and ride comfort.

Actually other crossovers on stilt (like etios cross, polo cross etc.) Aren't comparable to Avvy.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    Dr Nitin Dutta likes this.
  3. acechip

acechip Superiore

I meant to say their review observations.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    My bad :D was it too much on the favour of Ecosport? I think it had pointed Avvy's positives as well.
  5. RCP

RCP Amatore

Hyderabad
    Guys, Thank you for the review. I have driven punto abarth yesterday on the hyderabad ORR and also in the city. Initially, as i couldn't feel the power, i have driven it again. Honestly, i couldn't feel much difference to the linea T-jet. I agree that the power is there, but can't feel the 145 horses power or wondering where they are lying. Once the car reaches 120, the acceleration became lazy, and then to reach 180, it's not easy. Car is very stable, and in fact rock solid. Braking is fantastic. But, i couldn't believe that it is taking time to go over 170. Not much difference to the linea t-jet and also to the multijet. Immediately, after driving this, i have driven 2015 linea multijet, and i really liked it and the acceleration is not too different. Only thing is linea is not so quick initially.

May be it's too early to conclude, but i will defnitely look to have more inputs from our forum members, and i will still look to test this again and again, until i feel those 145 horses. But it will be great if folks can probably give their honest and valuable inputs, as am looking to buy one(if not punto abarth, i will go either a linea multijet or t-jet) this December. The new car would be my 2nd personal Fiat, and 4th in my circle.

Looking forward for all the inputs
    prabhjot and Raaz like this.
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @RCP

Interesting but unsurprising you felt that since the torque of the Abarth is similar to the Linea t-jet's and indeed the multijet's. I guess you would really feel the difference when you rev real high in say 3rd or 4th, delaying your upshift, also in the sheer flexibility of not having to downshift even if your speed drops off drastically and yet be able to instantaneously go-flying as you re-rev-hard. It's just the staggeringly wide torque-spread across gears that is the genius here. Perhaps another TD could elucidate the difference: delay upshifts and yet when you upshift you will STILL have the full blast of the 'wave of torque', and also delay downshifts on slowdowns too, drastically this time, that should reveal the singurality of the ABARTH?
    Turbothinghy and amitshedha like this.
  7. SVN

SVN Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    delivery of abarth punto is started ? Update pls
  8. RCP

RCP Amatore

Hyderabad
    @prabhjot

Thanks for your advise. I will do so, and look to feel the 145 horses. Just remembering the drive on the Linea T-jet a few months ago, and that is really unforgettable. May be the expectations on the Abarth punto are very high, and that might have built a predetermined mindset within me. However, I will do a TD again. I will wait till Butta gets this TD machine. Take care,
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
  10. Raj_pol

Raj_pol Regolare

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I always find it surprising how Fiat misses the little things. Music streaming via Bluetooth is not present in the Avventura. They have provided for in the hatch and could have easily done it for the CUV.
    Fiat needs to understand that in this day and age it is not enough to just plonk an engine - a good car is an amalgamation of so many factors.
    Dr Nitin Dutta and Ganges like this.