1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 90HP Sportz Exotica Red - Thank u all for your reviews

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by vijshia, Mar 21, 2014.

1. vijshia

vijshia Timido

chennai
    Boss, i have already mentioned "i am habituate of SMS form cant avoid that also i dont c much discomfort"
  2. vijshia

vijshia Timido

chennai
    Help me out where will i get Driver Side (or pair) Sun visor in Chennai

Team,

I have mentioned in me earlier post that driver side Sun Visor broke in the 2nd day i delivered and the after sales demo guy asked me to come to service station & he will replace in warranty but after i stepped in he said he cant & i asked him for the prices to buy new one, it's quite expensive Rs: 2000/- also its quality is not worthy for the cost. So i dropped buying it in service center and i am driving with it. But when ever i c the broken piece i feel for it. Also i have tried out in some shops Mount Road chennai they told me it will not be available out side & i have to go service station only. can anyone suggest me on this Plz???
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I think any good car accessories shop will have them.
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    This is no excuse and will not be overlooked. There is a reason why we have rules and rules are for all. We would have been glad, if you could atleast have said that you would try in future to adher to the forum rules. TFI is one of the most lenient forums that you would come across in terms of moderation. But this attitude of yours is not helping us to be. Please try to stick to the forum rules and help us in maintaing the quality of this forum.

Any further posts which are not met with the forum rules will be moderated.

Thanks for your support.
  5. vijshia

vijshia Timido

chennai
    Hope the way I my post were lesser than what I was doing now, also I copy pasted my previous post to show I have answered & I do understand & obey rules but the way presented to me I feel unusual so that copy paste happened. I do spell mistake as such I can only try to avoid before I post, this i notification was schoolish.
    I stop this unhealthy argument here.
    1 person likes this.
  6. vijshia

vijshia Timido

chennai
    Ya I have tried around 20 spares shop but the reply was nit avail.
  7. vijshia

vijshia Timido

chennai
    Hi Team,

Have anyone tried eco:Drive the computer application, i just gone thru fiatforum yesterday and have downloaded & installed in my PC & then connected with my USB, once after connected blue-me showed me the system is upgrading & then it showed ERROR 20???
  8. vijshia

vijshia Timido

chennai
    My drive reached 10k in 7 months.

photo 4.JPG
    himanshu4886 and punto_emotion like this.
  9. vijshia

vijshia Timido

chennai
    I would like to share my recent experience in passenger car tyre change and I wanted to share this for 3 reasons,
    1. i have seen guys generally go to a tyre shop and ask which is a good tyre or check with their known's who just changed the tyre recently (same person would have asked his/her known's and changed). Someone decides their ride.
    2. **Same brand && same model && same dimension tyre cost varying from shop to shop#1 (Yokohama 205/55/R15 S drive in OMR shop quote me : 6300/- and the Velacherry shop quote me : 5350/- it's just an example and my focus was in Michelin it too had the difference)**.
    3. Wheel balancing, alignment & mouth fixing for tubeless in all tyre shop costs 1200/- which is an additional cost#2 ((per wheel 200 + per mouth 100)*4).

Recently I was facing air leak in the front tyre which is a tubeless and the leak can be notified in naked eye in minimum of a week time and so I have decided to take with vehicle to the puncture shop there I found the previous puncture#3 wear caused this leak and the guy notified the tyres has hair line cracks for which I was advised to change the tyres asap due to the car was running with stock fitted tyres which is 3 years old and 33k kms ran hence resulted me to start my finding a tyre with the good return and cost effective.

I have started my finding by having 3 brands (Michelin, Yokohama, Bridge Stone) in my mind I always wanted to upgrade my tyres 205/60/R15 but it will raise ground clearance to 197mm or it will reduce the ground clearance to 181mm by 205/55/R15 anyways both will cause speedometer error hence the error correction required also it will void the vehicle warranty so I have decided to stick on to the size as like stock fit. "But none of the tyre dealers detailed or warned me about the correction and the warranty void. My search being narrowed and resulted Michelin - primacy 3ST (xm2 is 200/- less and I have decided to compromise a little) & Yokohama - S drive (earth1 is 300/- less) I needed comfort so decided go with Michelin P3ST (reviews were good too) then my next stage, I have started my bargaining and finalized Michelin P3ST for 6k/tyre addition 1200/- (#2). But the day when I wanted to fit the finalized Tyres the guy asked 6050+1200 so I wanted to check with near by dealer which is close to my place but he started with the price 6650/- so I told him already I have an offer for 6k and I wanted his final price so he quoted his last price as 6150/- and confused me by saying he only can give online warranty which made me come back home without changing (#1). I called up my friend who's my advisor/expert and hence called Bosch Keelkattalai for wheel balancing & alignment they recommend me **Veera Tyres** near echangadu. The guy was polite and able to clarify my queries which I googled also the alignment machine which he has is Hofmann and I like his patience (my doubts to him which was literally a torcher for him because he told me non of his customers asked these kind of details) also he suggested me for Continental MC 5 (launched in first quarter of 2016) which he said as equivalent/better to Michelin P3ST even after all my queries answered by him I wasn't satisfied to change my mind from Michelin P3ST so I told him I'll check on the reviews and come back but I couldn't find much reviews for continental mc5 also the comparison of these 2 models weren't available in net and thus take me in the stage of dilemma coz conti mc5 was 650/- lesser than Michelin P3ST just by considering the cost aspect I can't take risk so I again went to that guy and to get his confirmation on his support if something goes wrong and he confirmed his support. There are reasons which gained confidence on the guy, 1. They were the one quote the least price of Michelin P3ST 5950/-, 2. On Wheel balancing, alignment & mouth fixing they charge 600/- (#2) (I had a doubt how they can do 50% lesser than others also they use the good brand wheel alignment machine, I found the answers when I was spending my 2 hours, there was a queue around 15+ standing for Wheel balancing/ alignment & Tyres change hence it's possible for them only by the volume they handle, 3. when I hardly see emptied or couple of vehicles with other dealers this guy was busy from 10.30am on a Saturday I was the 6th or 7th in that queue, 4. I didn't even know there is a puncture strip called 'mashroom' which is 3 times expensive but it will not give leaks if I would have done it for my previous tyre I wouldn't had the leak (#3), 5. Finally I liked his sentence "Toyota service center guys come here if they have alignment correction because it's not their key work but for me it's my only work".

So finally with the trust on him I changed my all 4 tyres to Continental MC 5 (if I would have gone with Michelin then I would have got 2016 manufactured tyres but Continental MC 5 is 4th week of 2017).

After changing the tyres 1. I feel like I'm driving EPS fitted car 2. noise level was very much reduced and now I'm able to hear the string from my Polk (I haven't used Michelin so I can compare only with my stock tyre Apollo) 3. I'm habituated to change the gear to neutral @ a distance when I have to slow down but now I have increased the neutral run distance twice then too the speed not reduced which means the wheel rolling resistance got improved as well I used to floor the accelerator and I was assuming it was due to the Diesel engine lag but now it's just a press, vehicle reaches its 2k rpm for next gear shifting (mileage, the shorter braking & highway drive I haven't get a chance yet)
    KPR likes this.
  10. KPR

KPR Superiore

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Continental MC5 is a great tyre. It is on my mind too for my next change. We did a long drive for about 7700 KMs for our Chennai - Ladakh trip in a linea MJD in Aug 2015 with 4+1 new tyres of Continental MC5. Totally impressed with its performance. Not even a single puncture or sidewall damages considering the fact that the tyres facing one of the toughest terrains on earth. We were 4 persons + boot full of luggage. Such indomitable fiats are! All that was needed a mere wash to clear the dust it carried.
    Turbothinghy and vijshia like this.