1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 90HP Sport(Special Edition)to be launched - EDIT - Its launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Nadeem Ahmed VR 46, Aug 2, 2013.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Rajan,
    That was the exact thoughts which was running at back of my mind when i heard SA stating that point. But after thinking a bit and If this thing is freaking true, then i think it works out for FIAT and SC (dealer) a win : win situation here.

To make this happening, FIAT need not to procure stuffs (vendors) and initiate a new assembly line or some thing. Over all there is no extra bearing cost to FIAT at their factory side. Just a regular old 90 HP is manufactured and pushed it off to dealer. So cost wise Win for FIAT.

Now dealer gets some extra income by taking up this kit not just for new orders for the existing old customers too. Thus dealers/SC can earn extra money. So a WIN situation for SC too.

But i am sure FIAT would have thought about the consistency of the work done and the quality. Hence may be they would have trained SC guys to do this at best. Because FIAT doesn't want to listen to new customers who have booked this models of having crap job done right?
    Just my guess ;)
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Yeah right. Like how they have trained the SC to work on our cars :A :A

Rajan
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    zen, you will slowly learn that quite a few times SAs talk rubbish :)

if the glossy roof is paint then as others have said this will no way be done at SCs. if its a sticker then it might be available as an accessory along with other things.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Sometimes, I wonder, is this the same company that launched the S10 as "Limited Edition", just 500 numbered cars, which still have a cult following? I mean, how can the same company launch a car with a sticker job as "Sports" one year and then with a different sticker job as "Special Edition" the following year. Honestly, I am starting to think that FIAT is losing it's marbles.

Rajan
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
    2 people like this.
  5. Biraj

Biraj Novizio

Ghaziabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Somehow this practice of accessorising the car at dealer's end and then calling it a "Special Edition" doesn't appeal to me. We all saw how absolute edition was received. The only thing that people liked and purchased was the set of mud-flaps. I doubt how many dealers will be able to execute the roof painting/wrapping correctly. Misalignment and bubbles in the decal are also possible.

Even the promotional video seems as if two or three different concepts/ideas and execution teams have been mixed. The production/video quality when the adventure/sport part is shown is good but the Punto part seems to be shot by a different team/camera. I am sure the creative team behind the ad had good reasons for ending it with panting but I wouldn't prefer associating a car that's known for its highway characteristics, with "panting". :D Being a Fiat fan, I really expected much better marketing strategy from them than what we have seen till now. Fiat no longer can blame Tata for poorly planned and executed marketing strategies, it really needs pull up its game.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Sham,
    My SA so far never lied to me on any thing. Thats the one thing i would really thank and appreciate him for. Even during my buying times as well as after that as well too. Infact many a times he gives news about FIAT to me without me pulling it off him. He is quite a genuine guy. So on this case too i do not see any motive behind for him to talk rubbish. But as said even i was and still am baffled by the statement being made. I would request other state guys to check with their SA. Ill again try to catch hold of the SA on this point. If possible ill drop by KHT this sunday to check out this sport stunner. Lets see again what they have to say. Ill meet Deepak too. So i think ill get double confirmation if this statement is true or not ;)

@Rajan,
    I remember couple of other vendors doing the same (Liva, Nano,etc. on top of my head now), and they earned good amount of money. So i guess our FIAT head Naghesh, being an india think this way he can bring in more revenue at the moment ;) What say sir, possible?
  7. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    Well this is whats wrong with us. Every little step counts, friends. If every other car manufacturer can sell same product with different packaging, i bet Fiat can also gain something from it. First, we complain that Fiat is not active in market as well as promotion, now they showed an improvement, we must appreciate it.

Its better to keep on launching and relaunching rather than sit on your bottom and wait for the date of new car launch. Some of the members here won't like it but i bet there will be target market out there for this car as well.
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^,
    We expect alot from our failing athletic buddy :D
    Same holds on the cricket too ;)
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Advertising in FB, along with other medium is smart. Reaches out to a lot more audience. Advertising only in FB is cheap. Advertising in television and also publishing that video in YouTube is smart. Uploading a video only in YouTube is stupid.

Please check out the number of shares, views and positive comments, before flaming me.

:eek:fftopic

SA - Service Advisor. The guy who talks to you and fills up the job card when you take your car for servicing / running repairs. You will normally find him in the workshop and very rarely in the showroom

SE - Sales Executive. The guy who sweet talks to you, hopefully makes you feel special and sells you the car. Usually found in the Showroom and NEVER found in the workshop.

Please do not use these two interchangeably. They are not.

Rajan
  10. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    :). Saw this Ad now, really good move by FIAT from Ad side, but from 90HP perspective no feeling as this was expected.

Respect your views.

90HP 2010>90HP Sports>90HP Again>90HP Sports. If this is the launching & relaunching then you can think how poor is FIAT planning strategies. Please tell me any significant difference in each model as sports/debaged as non sports. Is fiat really need a promotional program & Ad in TV/FB each time to launch same product multiple time.
    2 people like this.