1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 90hp sport or should i wait for Punto Evo or Bravo?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Avinash, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    For the first time, i think someone who owns a FIAT is confused on what car to buy! Currently, 2009 Linea MJD E+ is there in the garage with 46k in the odo, along with M800 with 75k in the odo.

Now, looking for a replacement of M800.

- Preferably a FIAT, as Linea will be replaced after an year or so, with Luxury Sedan.
    - Must be a Diesel.
    - Ride and handling should be good, with decent performance.
    - Price, not a limiting factor.

Have almost zeroed on to Punto 90hp. But, is there any new launches of re-freshed Punto this year end?

And I heard that BRAVO will first be launched in metropolitan cities to see the market response, and only few numbers will be available for the market initially. And also, came to know that, few GM, SA from Bangalore had gone to Pune for some training purpose months back for Bravo. How far is this true?

Is it worth waiting? Or is this some kind of rumor just like Linea 1.6MJD?
  2. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Last year (2011) June I went to Malik Cars workshop for Second Servicing, they told FIAT was Planning to launch Bravo in India first before any other new model. One Year gone already but no news.

Bravo may not come to India. They also don't have any reliable answer for any new launch. Just wait till Oct-Nov end ( Just got one news refreshed POLO & VENTO launched), So wait if FIAT will wake up from sleep of Kumbhakarna . Then go for 90hp sports.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Avinash , if it is not urgent , it is better to wait till Diwali .

You can either get a good festival offer on existing models or we will be lucky enough to see a new launch.

Ajit
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I really don't think Punto Evo is anywhere near to being launched here. So go ahead with the Sports.

The car which really deserved to be launched - The Linea 1.6 does not figure anywhere in FIAT's plans. So Punto Evo really is a long shot.
  5. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Hopefully, they launch something new. Else 90Hp Punto will be the one, as VW's Polo 1.5 TDi is no where near to be launched.

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

I too doubted that. I feel FIAL will bring in the current 2012 EVO to India, when the EVO gets a major face-lift and alteration world wide, after few years! :oops:
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Avinash I will suggest you to wait till 2013 first quarter. Fiat may launch a new car in first or second quarter of 2013:
    1 person likes this.
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi,
    My SA was telling FIAT is playing safe by not releasing models in Asia, they are concentrating in Europe and Brazil markets, looking at the forecast it looks like there is no big release this year its better you go ahead this festive season as there are offers and discounts
  8. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    The carwale is not the correct source. This information is there since last 3-4 years. In next year first quarter you can expect new car from FIAT.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    90HP is good option. I really doubt if Fiat would launch a new product which would be better than the current 90HP. My suggestion would be to go ahead with the GP 90. Bravo may not find its way into India.