1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto-90HP has arrived

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by clash81, Apr 23, 2011.

1. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    IMG_1412.JPG

On the banks of majestic Cauvery, near Talakkad.
  2. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    There was niggling rattle for my vehicle. All i could make out was that it was coming from the left side and drove along with it for around 2 months. Last week,i took it TASS, they checked and told me the sound is coming from the suspension :eek:

Replaced the suspension bushes, that is what the TASS people told me, and the sound is now gone. :clap
  3. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Been driving around with a clattering :shocked clunk-clunk :shocked noise coming from the front side of the ride. Needless to say, i hit couple of bad potholes recently. That rainy day when my ride ran over the potholes has screwed up the front alloy wheel too, i guess. it is getting deflated far too easily.

On the whole, it has not been very nice for my ride once it crossed the 30 K mark. First was the awful dent/fissure gifted by a goods auto from my home town and now riding around with a :shocked clunk-clunk :shocked noise.

After driving around with the sound, always thinking a break down, i was at the end of my wits because i was not getting a suitable slot with prerana to check the vehicle. I decided to call up Ali Garage, it was a mad punt after searching in google. They came in their Maruti omni, did a small round and told me, they will have to open the "arms" and check. I will have to take the vehicle to their garage and it wouldn't happen on that Sunday. He mounted the jack and checked and told me "no need to worry about a break-down". Hardly reassuring. They took 100 bucks for that but they turned up quite fast at my doors, within an hour after the call.

I will have to drive around with the :shocked clunk-clunk :shocked noise till next Saturday. Thankfully got a slot to check the vehicle. Hoping to get it fixed without much damages to the pocket. Hope,you know!
  4. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Ego trip :p

20120430_081403.jpg 20120501_110445.jpg
    2 people like this.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Credit for the small dent in the first picture goes to a bangalore auto.:) Am I correct? I've got an exactly similar dent and at the same place too!
  6. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Clash, Do you still have the cracking/chuckling sound while braking? I had a few hard braking while my first 1000 km. After the first service I too started feeling some cracking sound while braking near a pot hole/hump on my right front. Thinking of taking my beauty to SC again along with the other problems I specified on the other discussion (door replacement thread).
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ clash,

What a co-incidence! Check the below pic of my Punto :clap Had been there during first week of Oct 2012

Punto.jpg
  8. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    No Thulasi, a mango tree at my home in Kerala is the culprit. Well, the real culprit is my father, he was guiding me to park the car and did not see me moving towards the mango tree. :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Ah, Kluney Manor. Awesome pic bro!

- - - Merged Post - - -

How many Kms have you done with your vehicle?

I had an issue that cropped in the very early days of ownership, a sound used to come while negotiating bad roads. It was diagnosed as a problem with the link rod. Got it fixed pretty fast from Prerana.

This time around the sound is more pronounced. I will try recording the sound and put up here.
  9. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It's 8250 KMs done (5 months). Put yesterday only in KHT as I find the service from Prerana is not up to the mark.
  10. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    I have had decent experience with prerana so far.