1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto-90HP has arrived

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by clash81, Apr 23, 2011.

1. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Hey even a normal mineral oil will last mininum 10000 kms even in Indian conditions. I don't think any manufacturer nowadays recommends change below 10000. And Selenia is definitely more than just an ordinary mineral oil. Why would a manufacturer willingly give such a long (50 months/150000kms) warranty with risking engine damage on long engine oil change interval.
  2. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    15k service approaching, advise required !!

I am fast approaching 15k kms and i will have to take it for 1st service very soon. I was contemplating an oil change at around 10k kms but opted against it.

Car has become very sluggish now, it takes time to pick up, when i switch on A/C, i can feel the load it is putting on the engine (If it does put a load on the engine, i am not sure about this. Anyway, when i switch on A/C, i feel a slight jerk).

The steering is maintaining a cross position after i changed my wheels, need to get this fixed too.

Folks, what are the other stuff i should take care of when i take the vehicle for the 15k service? Other than the engine oil change, do they top up all other oils? Will they charge me for this?

I haven't checked the service manual yet, i feel i can find out what are the mandatory checks the service people have to carry out on the vehicle when it is taken for the 15 service.

Please let me know, if i need to keep in mind any other things when i take the vehicle for the 1st service.

thanks in advance and before i sign off, i have to say thanks to all of you for being around answering questions and throwing in suggestions. It has been an awesome experience being here and i am sure it is going to go a long way!! Kudos to TFI for being there! :D
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  4. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    After running close to 17k, i have replaced 2 of my tyres. they both had their sidewalls ruptured. My vehicle has Yokohama C-drives as their front shoes now.
  5. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    My car has scrapped its bottom quite a few times during its 15k journey. So recently when i was changing my tyres, i took the opportunity to see how the underbody looks like and what beating has the engine guard taken till now. The result is two pictures. I have to say, i am pleasantly surprised to see the near to prim condition in which the engine guard has been holding fort. IMG_20120207_103240.jpg IMG_20120207_103303.jpg
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    You are safe in the car, as well as underneat the body, What do you need more......
    I remember when i had a 800 i hit a small stone on the highway and the oil from the engine chamber started leaking :eek:, My friend driving behind me flashed at me and said there was a spark under the car and the oil is spilling to my surprise there was a hole in the chamber!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Had been to Devarayanadurga the last weekend. Wifey managed to click some pictures of the car. The pictures are a bit blurred and the dent on the car is on the face. Still i thought this is worth a share.

IMG_1046.jpg
  8. nice beauty yaar.
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Congrats mate, we need to go drag racing sometime soon :mrgreen:
  10. Punto Maniac

Punto Maniac Amatore

TN07

Clash 81. I had the same thinking too when I went it to rotate my tyres. But the engine guard does the job really well and the kind of scraping it takes is only to warn us. But there is no damage done to the car. Fiats and more so PUNTO is made for India.