1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto-90HP has arrived

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by clash81, Apr 23, 2011.

1. nbvcrao

nbvcrao Amatore

Guntur
    after engine oil change, the sound would come down. my friend's car too was sounding a bit loud. but after the first service it came down considerably. now the car having clocked 39k is pretty silent and smooth. even the pick up has improved. don't bother about the sound..happy driving.
  2. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Folks any idea how much does an oil change cost?
  3. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Try a trustworthy petrol pump. It can do wonders for the engine noise :D
  4. mindsipn

mindsipn

Bangalore
    So if i change my engine oil say at 8k do i need to change it again during 15k service ?
  5. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    yes. Oil change at 15k kms is mandatory
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Why you want to change at 8K, and not at 15K?
  7. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Ravi, my vehicle has 10K now, the engine noise has gone up few notches, i feel a oil change could help this matter.

Coming to mindsipn's question, i really dont know if you change the oil at 8 k, do we need to change it again at 15k. I think if i had changed it at 8k, i would have gone ahead by changing it at 16k.
  8. mindsipn

mindsipn

Bangalore
    Ya that's what I was wondering !! And besides if i need to change the engine oil after every 8k whats the point of having 15 k service interval :) BTW I m not very sure here but can Engine Oil Change be done as DIY thingy ?

Hi Ravi,

I m not going go for an engine oil change at the moment as my car has just done 6500 kms !I was just curious about this oil change thing as some of the members here and also in some other forums have suggested that its better to change the engine oil after or around 8 to 10 k as it improves the smoothness of the engine.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Yes Even Me & Italia-Linea met on last Monday he also recommended me to change Engine Oil at 8000-9000k kms on odo.
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    do not do a DIY for oil change. go to TASS open a job card and get the oil changed, this will put the oil change on records in CRM.

15000 kms is way too much for driving cars in indian conditions. this is not cold europe. here you drive in bumper to bumper traffic and your radiator doesnt even get free flowing air with the car in front touching your bumper.

first oil change 7500-8000 kms. second at 15000- as per the fiat rule so that they do not deny warranty.

this will ensure that your engine and turbo remains clean enough to perform for the future lacs of kms