1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto-90HP has arrived

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by clash81, Apr 23, 2011.

1. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Battery water top-up - The SA pointed to the battery after lifting the bonnet. I asked him what he did with the battery and he told me about some distilled water being changed in it :eek:

Alignment - No i have not received any paper other than the job card which says Wheel alignment - Check and Adjust.
  2. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    I had this irritating wobble. I got my tyres balanced from Madhus, and it went away.I think Punto tyres are very difficult to balance. An earlier balancing did not remove the wobble.
  3. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Have been thinking i will take it some where outside other than TASS. Anyway very rarely i touch 90-100, so, holding on. :D
  4. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Actually TASS (concorde Dairy circle) recommended Madhus. I think it is not good to delay. The vibrations are already present even though they may not be felt. At 90, the vibrations get amplified - it seems to be Punto's resonance frequency.
  5. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    10,000 Kms clocked. Other than few niggles my ride has been excellent. will come up with a detailed write up later.

Contrary to what many have claimed here, i find my vehicle's engine sound has increased. I am not able to find what could be the reason. i had check of my engine oil, it looks black. Would an oil change reduce the engine sound?
  6. by default with diesel engine oil turn black very quick. example if you change the oil and run around 150km you can see the engine oil turned black.
    But looks like you have learn your driving on your new punto and have done much of clutch pedal press and release.

more 2000 its can hold. but if you feel the car is not pulling even on accelerating and the ride is not smooth go for a oil change.
  7. I saw the oil turning black in few seconds of idling after i changed it. Mechanic said it is normal with diesels but not with petrol
  8. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Yes, i did better my driving skills on the vehicle. I dont find any problems with the power and pick up of the vehicle. In fact, i have only started ripping my vehicle recently and its living up to it. The only issue is that i feel the engine sound has gone up a few notches. I think i will have to live with it :)
  9. mindsipn

mindsipn

Bangalore
    Couple of my friends telling me the same thing, that once i change the engine oil the engine noise will come down. Dont know how much of it is true! Besides FIAT recommends oil change only after 15 k!
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

Though Fiat recommends 15K interval, there is no harm in changing the engine oil earlier. Engine oil change will have an effect on the smoothness of the engine - have felt it in many other vehicles, though I am yet to change the oil in my Punto.