1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto-90HP has arrived

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by clash81, Apr 23, 2011.

1. FiatJay

looks great.. Congrats
  2. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Congrats on your new work horse - I am sure you will enjoy your car a lot.
  3. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Atlast my vehicle is with me after the registration and sorts. In the coming days, i will surely write down some initial experiences and the buying experience of the vehicle.

Before that, i have quick query, i actually noticed during the PDI that the steppini tyre ( or whatever you may call the extra tyre in the boot :D) is not an alloy wheel. Is that the case with all EP vehicles or did the dealer dupe me?

Someone please answer me, i getting nervous about this.
  4. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    The spare tyre is a steel wheel not an alloy. Only the Linea T-jet comes with 5 alloys.
  5. clash81

clash81 Regolare

thanks a lot for the clarification :)

Other than this, things look fine and dandy! :D
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    The spare wheel is 15 inch steel wheel in Punto. T-JET has 16 inch alloys and I think that's the reason why the extra tyre is also an alloy. FIAT does not have 16 inch steel rims.

OT: In VW Polo and Vento, the top variants come with 15 inch alloys but the spare tyre is 14 inch steel wheel. :eek:
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    and one of the vento owner convinced me that it is quite normal and standard practice from a car manufacturer...lol.!!
  8. point_petes96

Congrats on the car.Stunning car.
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Clash 81, we are waiting to hear from you the reviews of the 90HP, in Kuwait my collegue got Prado with mag Wheels but the spare tyre is Steel wheel , Good T-Jet has all the 5 Mag wheels.
  10. clash81

clash81 Regolare

First of all, an apology for not writing up anything till now. Quite a few hectic days went by after the car was received on last Wednesday.

As i have mentioned earlier my driving is patchy and by now, i am able to manage. Did some excellent night rounds in Bangalore. Yesterday went all the way on ORR and did some day time driving in traffic. One the whole i am able to get a grip over things. The driving school driver with whom i did 10hrs coaching, helped me out take the vehicle in traffic yesterday. For my luck, i was doing everything alright and he told me that i have improved a lot. (Confidence!)

I am completely smitten by the vehicle now. As a novice in dealing cars, apart from the 10hrs of driving class, i have never spent an hour completely behind the wheel. Even then, i am able to maneuver the vehicle well. The response i get on the steering is class. I am enjoying it. Even though i find problems in down shifting (Its my inexperience and not any problem of the car) and the resulting speed control, the brakes have worked excellently helping me out in these situations.

Some things i find great :

I realise that the vehicle hardly comes to halt in the 1st gear. For a novice like me, the clutch response was great and the vehicle halted only on few occasions.

There is no immediate thrust when you press the accelerator, it looks like a slow mover. I am very comfortable with this.

Negotiated a few turns quickly today, the vehicle handled superbly. (Confidence again!)

A/C has been excellent so far. Then again Bangalore climate has mellowed down already.

Somethings that i am bothered with :

MY brakes make some serious sound. It comes with my inexperience, as i realise it only comes when i am handling the vehicle not so well. May be i will need a brake pad replacement well early than the usual.

The horn is something that i am getting accustomed with. A jittery new driver like me means, i have to press very hard to honk. Is it like that and you get accustomed to it or is there a possibility that the middle panel on the steering is genuinely tight?

If USB is connected, the songs can only be changed from the steering controls. Any work around?

When radio is played, there seems to be lot of interference and resulting cracking of sound.

Well, i knew this before, then again, for the money spent, i feel i deserve a better music system and speakers. This is way pathetic than what is in i-20, my friend owns one, so i know it well.

Apart from these points, there is nothing bothering me so far in the vehicle. I am little bothered that i am shaping up my driving with this new vehicle. Occasionally the engine has revved up, even though it never reached the redline. The quintessential under-body scratching has also happened twice but not very severe, i feel. I seriously hope that this initial patch of bad driving is not going to have an adverse affect on the engine and the car. I am trying my best and my fingers a crossed.

I have not had any time to write down the buying experience yet. I will come up with a detailed post with some pictures, hopefully soon.

Once again thanking all TFI members in guiding over a new car, whenever i had queries. Let your views be known about my experience with punto 90hp.
    Last edited: May 2, 2011