1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 90hp diesel or Linea 90hp diesel

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Vamshi, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Vamshi

Vamshi Timido

Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Dear Friends,

Planing to buy a punto 90hp diesel or Linea 90hp diesle, I am not able to decide which one to go with. Please help me to decide and please help me with all other pre-booking and enquiry details that has to be taken care.
  2. Pervindra

Pervindra Timido

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    It totally depends upon your budget and requirement. You are okay to pay more than 10+ lacs then go for Linea else punto is the best fit for you. So its your call to decide.
    Vamshi likes this.
  3. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Linea would have the following advantages over Punto:

1) Bigger and better driver seats for more riding comfort.
    2) Huge boot: 500 ltrs.
    3) Rain sensing wiper in emotion variant.
    4) Cruise control in emotion variant.
    5) Better rear legroom (no surprises here).
    6) Leather seats emotion variant.

I drive a 90 HP Punto, and I feel Punto in general looks more sporty while linea looks more elegant. 90 Hp Punto has all black interioirs btw which look super cool and are easier to maintain.

Why not Linea T-JET?
    GANESH H and Vamshi like this.
  4. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    @Vamshi : Linea and Punto belong to different segments. Its difficult to compare cars from different segments. Linea is a C+ segment car which obviously is more specious, comfortable and costlier too than Punto. Probably a comparison of Linea, Honda City, Hyundai Verna and Maruti Ciaz (Or Punto, Polo and Swift) would be a fair one.

However, still if you are comparing Punto and Linea, then go for Linea (if the budget is not a constraint) since if you buy Punto now, you can definitely feel few months down the line, "thoda aur paisa daal ke Linea le liya hota" :)
    Vamshi and limraj like this.
  5. Vamshi

Vamshi Timido

Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi Turbothinghy,

Thanks for the detailed difference, my travel distances in a month may vary from ~1500 to 2000. Hence always wanted to have a diesel car. Kindly let me know if T-Jet has advantage over multijet.[/QUOTE]
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 1, 2015 ---
    Hi Vinit,

Thanks for the suggestion, the last line what you told is exactly where I am stuck. I can do jugad and arrange extra money for linea hence this confusion. So just wanted to double check if the gamble is worth going for :happy:
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  6. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    Covering from personal comfort: If you are one who does long distance travelling with family (kids) and good amount of luggage I would suggest to go for Linea.
  7. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Vamshi : IMO the only advantage the MJD has over T-JET is that it runs on diesel :D . If FE is not much of a concern, then T-JET is the way to go. It is quicker, more powerful and more refined when compared to MJD. Also, on the highways even the T-JET manages great FE.
  8. Dhruv_Sappers

Dhruv_Sappers Amatore

Pune
    Linea MJD 90HP ticks all boxes and gives you everything you need and desire. My suggestion would be to go for it rather than Punto.
  9. Vamshi

Vamshi Timido

Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Dear friends,

Just saw on autoportal that Fiat is launching a replacement for Linea under the name Fiat Eagea/Tippo in Mar 2016 with diesel 1.6 engine. Kindly suggest should I wait for the tippo or go for linea
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    If Fiat is actually launching Tipo with 1.6/1.5 MJD in March, then its no brainer to wait but the question is whether it would be launched so soon?
    Vamshi likes this.