1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 90 Sports or Ford Classic

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by nmurthyks, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I believe new Punto Emotions & Sports are all on apollo aceleres and not on GT 3.

@ Murthy, as Ravi has suggested please do open an ownership thread now. We would all love to hear your experience :clap

Good luck for the new buy!
  2. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Colour is what you have to stick with, for the rest of the car's life in your possession. Though we all face the same dilema about choosing the best colour, we often get tempted to go with the colour that is readily available with the dealer. Waiting for another 10-15 days would make your nights sleepless, but once you lay your hands on the car, you will forget about everything else. I would suggest you to book the colour of your choice and wait if they have to order one from the factory. You are buying a Fiat by listening to your heart, so choose the colour too, which your heart longs for.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Suggest let's not have any agenda here and let's not make it a Key-board battleground being Key-board warriors.

Please read carefully first. Where was it mentioned that Punto 90 HP is "ONLY" a style statement?

Don't forget the context as well. Read following also.

BHP's are not everything. There are so much more in a car but let's not get into all that. For time being, let's just refresh what Amit has summarised.

Alongwith practicality of Boot, following con's of Fiesta were also highlighted:

Murthy,

As quite a few members have suggested, if budget is not a constraint, do not rule out Punto 90 HP. It's a beast and the VGT makes quite a difference. You can avoid expenses on tyre change and may be other fancy accessories, only the OEM 90HP is more than enough. I never felt much of a need to add anything to my OEM Linea.

Do a back to back TD of Punto 75HP and 90HP again on the same route, if you're still thinking about 90HP somewhere in your heart.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    anyone would interpret this particular post of yours to conclude that fiesta classic is a better buy unless one is particular about style statement! thats what teky wanted to know and that is what i also want to know. pls let us know what practicality you see in fiesta classic over the punto sport! you simply avoided the question by quoting from other posts of yours. would like to understand your analysis in detail on the basis of which you concluded that fiesta classic is more practical car to own.period.
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Read all the posts in the contexts they were written & one would understand it. If one is hell-bent on making a point by selective reading and own interpretations, it's really sad.

For right now, let's not hijack Murthy's thread.
  6. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Anyways Mr.Murthy has zeroed-in to buy a Punto and almost a 75HP. His last query was to help him decide on a colour. Lets discuss on it and help another member to acquire a prized possession.
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Teky, i think what he wants to convey is both are good cars but Punto is more stylish. Correct me Vahanpujari if i am wrong.
    I think we all are fiat fans :)
    So we read and analyse differently ;)
    2 people like this.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Its even more sad to see experienced people making such comments!! when that one post of yours is direct and conclusive about the practicality aspect then why do you want to support your comment with your other posts!!
    that is what he 'might' have wanted to say in the post in question but it is certainly not coming out by reading it!!
    1 person likes this.
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    VP - If you read that particular statement which you had typed in twice the emphasize can be inferences by the reader himself and hence I wanted to seek clarity. Yeah - I don't want this to be battleground either. Let's not get into the BHP statement either - for me what matters doesn't for someone.

And hence we choose a Fiat!
    1 person likes this.
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Shams buddy, I guess VP was correct. But at the same time, misunderstandings do happen. Case in point was my post on Linea-lover (TJET owner's ICE thread) where he and Jayadev both said that they did not understand my post.

VP has said that Fiesta is practical because murthy will be doing 4 or 5 highway trips. If there are lots of highway trips, having a sedan is practical over a hatchback.

Anyways, Punto has a 280 liter boot which is adequate.

Murthy, having spent around 25000Km on the highway, I can assure you that overtaking at a speed of 100Kmph in a 75Hp Punto is a breeze. Just tap the pedal a bit and you are done. 90Hp is a step ahead. If you will be drivig upto 100-110 then 75Hp is "More than adequate". After 120kmph, 75hp does make some NVH as compared to the 90Hp variant.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.