1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 90 Sports or Ford Classic

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by nmurthyks, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Michelin Primary LC.

Please only discuss about car buying query here, for other queries, use appropriate threads.
  2. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Any car is a good upgrade from a Indica V2 :).

If you are okay with the price, go for the 90bhp. The 75hp Emotion variant is a good car too but since you are going to do highway trips, it should be the 90bhp for you.
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    That is because you have Test driven an Active version and it comes with a different section and make tyres. Also the noise dampening is not that efficient in Active version.
    So, you won't have to bother much about the road noise.

If you still have any inhibitions regarding 75HP, please feel free to have a test run on my car. But, mind you, mine is an Active variant aswell.
    1 person likes this.
  4. nmurthyks

nmurthyks

Hyderabad
    Thanks for the offer Kiran.
    I believe your words.
    BTW how difficult is it to maintain Tuscan Wine color for punto.
    I thought of booking RED (I like it too). But it is not in stock. The dealer is ready to give me Tuscan Wine which is ready (August 12 make).

If I book the Tuscan wine I will get it by this festival (13th Jan) I can use this for going my home town (tempting).

But I need to comprimise on color and fears of maitaining the Color (Tuscan wine compared to RED).
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ^^ If you like Red, why don't you stick with that? It will take 2 weeks at the most to reach the car to your dealership from the factory.

BTW, TW and Black are the most difficult colors to maintain.
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    In my opinion Tuscan Wine looks better in Linea than Punto. Punto looks best in all other colors.
    Its very difficult to maintain TW and Black as rightly said by ramjn. Swirl marks take a toll and you need to keep polishing it and what not.
    1 person likes this.
  7. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    75 HP does fantastic overtaking even at 120-/130 etc..its so easy..

I have taken it to 170 max...and most same segment cars are left behind...
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Correctly said . Before 90HP introduced 75 HP was well established itself as a the best highway car. 90hp elevated the level still further it doesn't mean that 75 HP is bad at all.
  9. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore

BNW & Red are the top 2 colors...

Though Punto looks great in all colors...there is no match for BNW & Red... (I Own OB)

It takes a lot to maintain TW & OB & Black...do not go for them...

BNW & red are very mod friendly...too
  10. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I agree with everyone who said Tuscan Wine is tough to maintain. Even minor scratches will show up on this colour and so will dust which we have plenty off in our country.

I had Goodyear GT3's as stock tyres and they weren't that noisy. Now I have Bridgestone MY-01 and they are pretty quiet as well. Mine is the Emotion Pack model.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.