1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 90 Sports or Ford Classic

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by nmurthyks, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Do you think Classic is worth the price you pay for? Punto Sports is much superior in all department except for a bigger boot. Just compare the features of Sports and Classic.
  2. The boot of punto is one of the best in its class and it fulfills the requirement in a hatchback...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    90 HP is always ahead in all terms especially safety.
    If you want to check safety of ford,see video of accident of ford in accident section. I bet that you will surely forget ford brand.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    But ford also has the reputation of producing one of the safest car volvo.
    The metal used in Ford is not that bad though not a class of Fiat. I feel they are far better compared to Maruti. For example New Fiesta is definitely a safer car.
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Murthy, whats the update? Did you test drive both the cars?
  6. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    After owning Ford Ikon for 11 years now I can say build quality is top notch. Not a single rust problem in the body (Calcutta humid condition). Paint also held very very good. But maintenance is high.

But now I have the Punto which puts more smiles on me everytime when I am at driver's seat. It gives more satisfaction to own the car.
    1 person likes this.
  7. nmurthyks

nmurthyks

Hyderabad
    @punto_emotion:
    I have done the test drive yesterday. I have mentioned my observations in page 3.

I am almost decided on Punto.

Want to take a final call on Emotion (75hp) or Sports (90hp).

I felt 75hp was good. And the members gave more confidence on that.

I just want to know one more thing before taking a final call.
    Does 75hp do good in overtaking at 80/100 kmph on highway?
    Or does is feel slow when compared to other cars we normally encounter at highways.
    I do not bother if it does not cross 130-140 since that is a very good speed for me.

my worry is this:
    When I used to go in my Indica I used to back-off while trying to overtake because it does not pickup fast enough.

I am not expecting very high pickup. (please note that I do sedate driving mostly).
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The 75HP Punto itself will be a beast compared to your Indica. No worries on this front. 75 HP will pull very well and good till 130-140ish. If it is 90HP, it would be even better and become a real beast post 3000 RPM. That is it. If money is not a constraint, no harm in going in for Sports variant even though you think that 75 HP would suffice.
    2 people like this.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Easy to do.
  10. nmurthyks

nmurthyks

Hyderabad
    OK. Now I am inclined to 75hp Emotion.
    Going to book it in this week.

Which tyres are better for reducing the road noise? (I heard high road/tyre noise at >100 speads in my test drives)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.