1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 90 Sports or Ford Classic

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by nmurthyks, Dec 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I Can only Say after buying the FIAT Punto, i am so confused that if i wanna buy a second car i found the other option are not up to the mark, or in other words we can say, the FIAT will level up your "mark" in terms of expectation, and no other car can fulfill that. FIAT Rocks :dance
  2. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    1. 800kms/month? Why are you looking at diesel then? How much do you think the increased driving will be?
    2. Both will be a good upgrade from an Indica V2.
    3. How many people and luggage on these long trips? Do you think you will need the bigger boot on these long trips?
    5. Does Fiesta Classic have a bigger, better seat then Punto? I don't know so people who have used both car's will know better.

Some points against the Fiesta:
    - Old technology engine.
    - Good in city with low turbo lag but flip side is it's not a comfortable cruiser on the highway's.
    - outdated car being sold in India to take advantage of our fascination with sedan's.

Some points against Punto:

- Cramped rear space.
    - Service back up currently is a WIP.
  3. nmurthyks

nmurthyks

Hyderabad
    took a test drive of below cars today.
    1. Ford Classic Titanium
    2. Fiat Punto Active (the dealer have only this version for test drive).

Here are my observations:
    Ford Classic Titanium
    1. Steering feel - Good.
    2. Back seat - good
    3. Pickup Very good till 80kmph. avg above 80 kmph.
    4. Handling at cornering - very good.

Punto Active - 75hp.
    1. Steering feel - very good.
    2. Back seet - same as classic. However front seats are felt better in punto.
    3. Pickup very good till 110. Satisfied till 140.
    4. Handling at corners - Good but felt Classic is slightly better in this case.

Some how I felt comfirtable driving in punto. Inclined to Punto (both me & my wife). I have driven it comfortably at 120-130 kmph on highway. In the City driving I did not feel the lag (due to my exp. with Indica?) in 2nd/3rd/4th gears.

Now one more confusion.

Do I need 90 hp Sports version of Punto or Emotion itself is sufficient?
    For me Emotion itself looks a good upgrade from my Indica V2.

But I fear if I feel need of more power. Currently I plan to have 4-5 highway trips in an year but it may increase slightly more due to new car. I normally not a very enthusiastic driver and till now I drove upto 110 only in my Indica (it didn't allow me to go in more speed). But I like good speeds.

I request the members share their experiences. I am planning to book the car (Emotion or Sports) in this week.

Please help me decide the better suited one for me.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    If you've the money 90HP period. It's the best one can buy in the hatch segment today. 75HP doesn't feel eager post 130~140 whereas 90HP is a beast on the highways.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    I repeat

If you want a style statement - Punto 90 HP Sports it is

If you go for practicality and still want to enjoy drive - Fiesta Classic

Both are dear ones for both handles well and ride is equally good. Steering is equally good in both.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Ok. You missed another data in your TD report.

What is the OTR price of Punto Emotion, Punto Sports and the Classic after all discounts?
  7. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Welcome to TFI......

Buying a new car with two options is always create lots of questions in mind.

And when the question is in between sedan & hatchback then it's become a very dangerous :)

See, if you compare Linea & Punto, they have same cabin space. Which is the best in all hatchbacks in india with the VFM tag.

Though Punto dosen't have boot like sedan but the boot space is very big which you can not really compared with any hatches.

The best part of Punto is the ride quality which you will miss in all the hatches. If you plan for a 800km trip in a single day then also you will not feel tired at all.

If you are really concern about boot then I will suggest go for Linea which fits your budget or have a TD of it & then compare Linea & Fiesta.

If not then Punto is right option for you... :)
  8. nmurthyks

nmurthyks

Hyderabad
    OTR - Discounts (I will not get the discount on Insurance as I am going with Company car lease so Organization will pay the Insurance:
    Punto Emotion - - 819000/-
    Punto Sports - 880000/-

Classic - 936000/-
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Can't understand why you state Punto is only a style statement VP - the 90HP will definitely outrun the puny 68 BHP Fiesta any day. 90HP has got the right mix of everything.

Enlighten me of what additional practicality does the Fiesta offer other than the bigger boot? Amit has beautifully summarized the negatives - Fiesta isn't a bad car, but given a choice a 90 HP any day if I don't want the boot space.
    1 person likes this.
  10. I really dont like the fiesta classic look, punto 90 hp makes more sense..IMHO!!!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.