1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 90 hp vs polo 1.6petrol

Discussion in 'Technical' started by sanjeev, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    we have discessed heavily on Punto 90 HP and POlo 1.6.
    Does any one tested the braking capacity?
    2 people like this.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    My punto 90hp sometimes become unstoppable on wet roads and gravel...it is truth !!!! damn it ABS.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i feel the braking effect comfortable when the clutch and the brakes are pressed at the same time....

without clutch pressed the brakes are hard to press in my punto....
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You would have better braking effect if the clutch is not pressed. I am surprised to see your statement.
    1 person likes this.
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Yep, That's your view & i happen to agree this time. Not only agreeing for Polo Beast but Fabia, Alto k10, Etos, Micra, Figo, Swift, Ritz, Figo not only for their petrols but also diesels. Not only 0-100, i will even grant them 0 to 115 (i repeat from rest i.e. 0 Kmph).

But once at 115, No more trespassing, That's it..!! There will be turns, there will be sudden undulations on roads & one may have to fly over the trees but has to earn it by overtaking Punto. Polo 1.6 is no Bugatti Veyron/Ferrari FXX for an obvious winner for Punto. One gets very offended when you are in Punto (even 800s/Altos comes out challenges you for a drag). Don't know why it is so? Today one swift was trying to follow me at 90-100 in noida who was just sticking to my boot for no reason. There was 90 deg steep turn with a dead end in front. Guy was totally on me & almost trying to match me cm by cm. I intentionally had sharp turn without taking off my foot (Sector 12-22 towards Khora village) & i could hear him doing all that Chinnnnnn Chaaaannnnn Chooooonnnnn. He didn't follow me after that even when i slowed it down to 50-60 kmph. You have one Atom bomb with you but with just satisfying power to play with.

I don't want Punto 90HP to be my competitor with every sane thought coming to my mind even if i have sub 2.00 ltr Petrol. If I would ever happen to be in Polo 1.6 rear view when i don't want it to happen, i will let you know myself (even if i have to go OT). Have trust in me.

I can summarize my inputs in just 5 words "ONE HAS TO EARN IT!"
    I would request the thread starter to request Mods to close the thread. I don't think there is anything substantial left that we can discuss on this thread.
    3 people like this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    and i feel more confident when i press the clutch and apply brakes.
  7. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    May not agree sir.. I generally do 150 - 160 consistently on our highways with frequent 180/190's...:D Generally cover 650kms in less than 6 and half hrs.. This is my usual time and I do this trip atleast twice in every quarter and these highways also have stray cattles.. opposite direction romeos etc etc.

And Enki.. How do you think the 90hp will fare against the Tjet. Do you think Punto can take it..;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. enky is correct....time to end the thread..
    Mods pls do the needful!!!

Thanks
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    At last! :clapping
    3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.