1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 90 hp vs polo 1.6petrol

Discussion in 'Technical' started by sanjeev, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Here we got a person to replace Gurjinder :). I have never seen a member defending Fiat as much as Gurjinder did before taking up the role as Moderator. Now, we have got ENVI to replace him :).

Nice to read all your posts ENVI.
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

That's you view dear. Mine is different:p.
    1 person likes this.
  3. and it seems me and enki are in the same boat.
    :)
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    As I said before ,end of the day we will convince ourselves "fiat makes ferrari" end of the chapter..LOL..thread closed!!!
    and those panel gaps and niggling issues really makes me bother if such is standard of Fiat how would be ferrari??
    1 person likes this.
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^^^hmm^^^^ superlike

Harmony & chaos

Jasveen Singh Gill
  6. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

+1 to jayadev.

@ENKI: Come back to the real world,we were comparing Polo 1.6 and Punto 90HP and there is no need to bring in the multiair engine to this discussion.
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

There goes the intellectual one:A!! Ferrari isn't bought for Panel Gaps/shiny interior. Enzo doesn't even have a stereo which costs a million dollar!! It never made the commercial & have list of it's preferred customers who only can purchase a Ferrari.
    You don't call up at Ferrari dealership, they will call you if you are selected to buy one. Entry level 458 Italia is choked with 4 Yrs of booking among 1-2 lacs of their preferred customers.

Yep A.S.S is very poor:mrgreen: as Ferrari engineer comes from Maranello & expenses are more than cost of a premium segment luxury car. It doesn't have any ground clearance/panel gaps/too loud engine & bad after sales!! Obviously Ferrari is a Million Dollar wasted for you, isn't it??

Try that to convince some-one who has invested so much money for buying a Ferrari:rolleyes:. Reason is Ferrari has survived for 55 Yrs alone on prize money received from Motor sport till it started to make road cars from 1974 onwards!!

That's your view & i don't happen to agree.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Thanks Ramjn! But MAN, is "defending FIAT" job tough even among FIATians::OO!! I think Gurjinder was just lucky enough to escape as a moderator. I have full sympathy.
    But it's a nice feeling if i manage to keep FIATians somehow interested in FIAT only (hate or love, don't ignore) & just love them even if they accuse me of being FIAT's employee. Thanks for those encouraging words just when i needed them badly:?
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
    3 people like this.
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Defending fiat ??? or convincing own soul ? in TFI almost all of us own fiat cars and know it from head to toes,so sometimes it sounds ..lol..!!

Do promote and speak enthusiastically about fiat where they are good at.

back to the thread..

By the time one shift 1st to 2nd (15-20kmph) in punto 90 hp, a small time petrol car alto k10 would be doing 60kmph in 1st gear..alto k10 does 0-100 in 13 secs!!!
    and one can imagine how would it be in polo 1.6 beast ?
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I had read polo 1.6 is not a fun to drive in initial pick up like fiesta 1.6. It develops enthusiasm much later. So I think there is a room for Punto to warm up.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    IF we are talking about cars in india, i believe 0-100 KMPH is very much important ,because we hardly get a chance to go above 140 or 150 KMPH... and that too getting stretch of 5-10 kms of open road is very rare...
    Eventhough if you get a nice stretch, dont know how would one expect the kind of road.

if you are on state highways most of the cars are driven within 0-100Kmph and at actual with these speeds we play the race or overtakings... ;)
    on national highways its totally different story and thats the reason why we are having such a nice discussion in this thread.;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.