1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 90 hp vs polo 1.6petrol

Discussion in 'Technical' started by sanjeev, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Satya, To be fair, i think in my case i feel they pulled over. It scared them when Punto doesn't stop climbing & they have already crossed 150, It's demoralizing man!! But Altis is no Audi TT, is it?. Anything over 150 is challenging for any C-segment car to sustain. But Punto can keep up Altis/Civic since because if the guy in Altis is driving at 150, they were not yawning & must have floored pedal. I know you got my point, it needs some one skillful in those vehicles to pass over my Punto. It's not some Santro/Fabia/Polo/Micra/Swift which could be shown smoke with a sudden blistering 120 kmph. You have to earn it & may be it may cost you your dear car & .....:eek:
    I will be shown smoke though someday, i am sure:???: but so far so good.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Salute you mate. Very sporting & giving credit where it's due.
    It's the most difficult thing for people to manage today because of ego & madness to support their purchase at any cost.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The performance that we observe is a combination of engine performance, vehicle dynamics and most important the driving skill. It is very difficult to say which is better when the engine and dynamics combination are almost equal. What I meant to say is that polos engine power and rev capacity can be compensated by punto's dynamics and torque. So rest of the things depends on driver(his skill as well as his ignorance). So when we say that Punto just ahead of polo or vise versa the truth is that both are comparable cars. Nothing more we can say. In this case punto has one edge since it has achieved it with its extra weight and little 1.3 engine. Cheers to Punto. The actual test will be between Punto 1.6 Petrol(If fiat ready to give us 1.6 16V engine that fiat has introduced recently see my post http://www.teamfiat.co.in/fiat-global-news/3535-punto-1-6-etorq.html#post88376) and Polo 1.6 Petrol or Punto 1.6 MJD or Polo 1.6 TDI. Even Tjet should not be compared with polo 1.6 it should be compared with 1.4 TSI and unfortunately we don't have it.
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    What about polo1.6 petrol and punto 1.4 fire petrol...

How does punto1.4 perform here...I think negative..!

other than dynamics and looks we fiatians have nothing to crib ..lol
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    we have actives and emotions also!! :lol
    1 person likes this.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    To really test 1.4 FIre first thing is to forget about fuel cost.
    I don't know how it perform above 150 since I haven't taken it above it. But only I can say that it does more than what is on paper.
    May be some body who has seen >150kmph can comment on it. I haven't driven polo 1.6 since great VW has not given a chance to test drive.
  6. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Guys go through this Fabia 1.6(cousin of polo 1.6) and Punto 90hp comparison and see what the guy says :

Driven: Punto 90BHP Vs. Fabia 1.6

"Press on the accelerator for dear glory, and you will experience a powerful punch, which will knock you back all the way up to 100km/h. When the engine gets past 2500rpm, it unleashes all 90 horses and the car will blast past everything in its sight. This might not sound probable, but I did managed to touch 185km/h while testing the Punto, and the smile on my face just wouldn’t go away. This car is breathtaking on the highway, and I couldn’t believe that I was leaving the 1.6 litre Fabia behind to eat my dust. "
    I love this sentence "When the engine gets past 2500rpm, it unleashes all 90 horses and the car will blast past everything in its sight" :clap
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
    2 people like this.
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I know it mate. Both these things are real world & even FIATians don't want to believe that. Thanks for the post.
    1.6 FOLO/PABIA CANT GET AWAY FOR PEANUTS, NOT AT LEAST WHEN I AM DRIVING. REMEMBER, YOU MAY REPRESENT REST OF THE WORLD BUT NOT ME, IT'S YOUR VIEWS;). I AM NOT ASKING FOR MULTIAIR, 1.6 OR EVEN 1248 CC MJD 2, I CAN MANAGE IT WITH THIS VGT 90 HP.

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

Never mind, i assure you that you didn't miss any 1 million dollar ride of Ferrari FXX:mrgreen:
    You already drive better things everyday.

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

:mrgreen:. Actually that was a different topic altogether.
  8. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore

yes i have seen,touched,smiled at 170+ 2 times as of now, once with 5 people and full luggage :steering . It is because of the road i had to slow down, i am not sure how much it could have gone further. I have achieved it in my 1.4 Dynamic with 165/80 R14, don't know what will happen if it is R15 (IMO it could have been more in terms of handling). May be i can comment on this after one more year :D

So looks like I could have given tough times to some of the MJD's here ;) . According to me POLO 1.6 should be ahead of Punto 90hp atleast on highways.

And regarding mileage, it was not bad with 170+ once and consistent 140+, overall trip of 1100 kms (including highways and rural roads) gave me 15.6 (on ODO and nearly equal in tank full to tank method).
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

All said & considered above, FIAT strength & secret of it's survival has been it's ground breaking technology. If we talk fair, Let's not compare old generation 1248 cc MJD with VW's 1.6 ltr petrol. How about 1368 CC Multiair Turbo 170 hp, 250 NM with twin clutch semiautomatic or dual dry clutch with 1398 Cc VW's supercharged TSI (160 HP, 230 NM) (with same kind of twin clutch DSG they call it). For a more fair comparison, refer below excerpt with the source mentioned at bottom. They are best & latest effort of FIAT & VW's as on date.

"One example among them all: when comparing the Giulietta 170hp TCT 1.4 MultiAir with a vehicle like the Golf, with the same power output and an automatic transmission (160 hp 1.4 TSI DSG), Giulietta consumes 0.8 less litres per 100 km and pollutes 18 g of CO2 per kilometer less.

Alfa TCT, A successful year for Alfa and Giulietta, now with TCT, dual clutch automatic transmission

To equal the Giulietta’s consumption and emission figures the Golf must reduce by 65 hp and lose the automatic transmission:shock:. To sum up, the Alfa Romeo Giulietta, heir of a great tradition, manages to match top handling and top performance with the efficiency of a car that is comfortable and cutting-edge from every point of view. So, the innovative Alfa Twin Clutch Transmission completes the car’s rich technological offer".

Source: A successful year for Alfa and Giulietta, now with TCT, dual clutch automatic transmission

Moral for Non-FIAT owner's: Don't compare with FIAT with the same CCs & don't try to be tech. savvy. If you crave & just can't resist, better chose FIAT engines with lower specifications. They were/are/will be invincible when it comes to Petrol/Diesels & media won't tell you that. You have to dig & know it.
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
    2 people like this.
  10. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

OT:mad:ENKI - do you work for FIAT?

I can see that you have done speeds that i can't even think of. But please don't say that only FIAT cars can touch these figures. Punto is not for drag race and in a straight line you will be in the rear view mirror of a Polo 1.6. I don't think polo is far behind Punto in handling and dynamics part too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.