1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 90 hp vs polo 1.6petrol

Discussion in 'Technical' started by sanjeev, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Ramesh.. I agree.. In ghats or corners, its Fiat and Fiat only. Punto 75 is ok to put all the other cars to peace. In a straight, to muscle with a bigger petrol engine with higher BHP, is not going to work.. I am not saying, polo will vanish. It may be a few hundred meters in the front..thats it.

The same will be the case if its between a Tjet and Cruze or civic or altis petrol (but strictly in long straights since none of the cars can come close where there are corners or in ghats)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  2. In a Polo, one may just piss & realize that "it's too late now".[/QUOTE]

This is what i was suggesting:
    how does a car behaves after 100... after crossing 150 in my punto i can hear the engine grunting (the roar which makes you feel that this can go more ahead).. i dont think i will hear the same positive roar and the same eagerness to accelerate ahead in anyother hatchback..in contrary to this one can hear the engine loosing all the juice and akind of sound which makes you feel "that's it..."
    and guys it feels so safe in punto when you are in such speeds it feels so planted...
    can polo 1.6 match this??
  3. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Sanjeev. Two things.

1. If you speak about how safe you are when you are doing higher speeds, Punto will win hands down. Its by far the best hatch which will inspire confidence when you do higher speeds (to the speeds that you are quoting)

2. Eagerness to do more at 150.. Why will a Polo lose steam at 160? I agree Punto may ask for more.. But that doesnt mean rest of the 'powerful' hatchbacks will lose steam at that speed. Again I am keeping aside the safe feeling inside the car..

4. sathya
    i am suggesting that i may not hear the same eagerness and positive roar of the engine .
    as far as polo1.6 is considered i have not driven one but yes i have driven other perol cars (1300 ccs) where i get the same kind of feeling...
    this is the only reason i started this thread since i wanted to know who stands where...
    i understand polo is 300 cc more than punto but when i see the torque figures i dont find them very impressive (compared to punto 90 hp)considering 1.6 litre engine.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am off topic

does it makes sense to have race with Swift,Ritz & tata manza against punto 1.3 MJD .. as all have fiat engines ?
  6. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    I have a Ritz D too and do frequent 175s in straights without any fuss.. Though Only in straights.. What say:D

And Sanjeev.. Even the 2000cc Cedia has only 175nm of torque but can do 195 without much effort..and the engine stays positive at any speed.. Even above 170!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    You will get tired saying goodbye to all those again and again. it is like religeous routine for me, swift,ritz and dzire can be overtaken at 140kmph. never saw them crossing that benchmark speed of thiers in any kind of plane so far.

I have heard swift D owners claiming they did 180 kmph ,but I am not yet convinced.

This is very true . post 100kmph MJD's especially in Fiat cars are very noisy.fortunately Punto90hp is less noisy than fgt 76BHP varients.

Thinking and real life experience can be contradictory .

My friend have 75bhp punto he hears the Roar by 130kmph continues to hear it at 150kmph where needle does not move ahead. which is beginning phase in my punto90hp.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sathya
    i always had tuff race with Swift diesel...

i would like the discussion now about punto 90 Hp & Ritz D instead of VW 1.6:D
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    subtract 15-17 percent speedometer error and that is actual speed of your Ritz

Punto have 5-6 error percent only.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Most of the posts in this thread should be moved to a new thread - " TFIans racing and passing other cars on the road".

What say, guys?
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.