1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PUNTO 90 HP to FIAT LINEA ..should I

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Manilruben, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

If i would have been in your shoes, i would have fought to get the body noise sorted out till fruitful results are out. Believe me FIAT officials are very much of helping nature.

Secondly i would have not bought Linea 90hp. I would have waited for 1.6MJD :)
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Exactly +1 to above Italia-Linea's reply.

Manil yesterday I got a chance to sit in Italia-Linea's Linea and believe there is absolutly no rattling in his Linea and engine is butter smooth and roars like a petrol engine.

He has done damping/dampening (dont know the exact word) and sorted out all the rattling from FIAT's body shop in Pune. Italia correct me if i am wrong.
  3. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

I understand i have fought enough , i have gone to the extend of speaking to officials in ITALY after all that the car was stripped and all joints was checked.

The last thing which came out is that it cannot be rectified i even requested when you guys made a factory can my issue be highlighed, but nothing happened.

The only way is to go legal and make a big issue and get it sorted , but time , ways and means i am not aware .

If you can help me to get hold of EMAIL ID of the top man then there could be a solution to this.

Mangesh has turned a deaf ears to this , since i have been after FIAT for ONE FULL YEAR (600 KMS to 16690 KMS)
    1 person likes this.
  4. asif

You talked about the issue to Jacob Dinesh?If so get someone better to handle your issue.He is not that good in diagonizing problems,total waste of time.

- - - Merged Post - - -

2012 Jan-June manufactured Lineas suffer from body noise,due to some spot weld issues in roof area and boot and my car is one among it,now its in service centre to solve the case.Fiat has identified the problem areas and has trained the technicians at the service centres,but it needs experince to solve to our satisfaction levels.

- - - Merged Post - - -

and welding(using MIG) is the solution recommended by Fiat,make sure that TASS covers the welded area with a coat of primer and then with spray paint,they may play cheap trickz as these areas are covered by roof,boot mats,and other panels which are not easily accesible.Its what recommended according to FIAT circular to solve body noise.What some service centre guyz do to make their job easy is just a touch up of paint using brush on the welded areas.Ask them not to put the panels back before you personally inspect the work done.If not it may corrode in the long run.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I will suggest you to wait for 1.6 mjd, or atleast the linea classic which is supposed to hit showrooms by 2013 first half.
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

From my experience, this Jacob guy just manipulates information.

An issue was escalated by me to Fiat and the TASS confirmed it. And the e-mail update was sent to Mangesh who copied Jacob too on it. This guy coolly replies the next day that there is no issue with the part. It blew my top off. Nevertheless, the failure of part was confirmed next day itself by the same guy, after multiple calls, e mails, legal talks and a second round of inspection.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2