1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PUNTO 90 HP to FIAT LINEA ..should I

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Manilruben, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

First let me thank everyone for making my mind to choose the PUNTO 90 HP though i had rough experience with the car in terms of body noise which still now has not been sorted out , i have decided to switch to the sedan THE LINEA. Now a few questions on my mind has not allowed to to put my foot forward to book the car.

1. Will Linea Have the same Body noise
    2. Is there any model change in the near Future
    3. Has higher GC affected the driving dynamics
    4. What is the negative in the LINEA when comes to SEDAN experiance

I called up RDC chennai they have given me a quote of 2013 (MNFG DATE) Model Price:
    EMOTION - Rs 11,19,000/- On Road Chennai
    DYNAMIC - Rs 10,77,000/- On Road Chennai

Insurance Free - RS 36000 /-
    Exchange Bonus - Rs 15,000/-
    Cash Discount - Rs 25,000/- (only for 2012 Model)

So here is my FINAL QUESTION :

2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

All i can say for this is please see Ravi's thread about Fiat future plans. He has posted an image of exact FIAT's road map.
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Hey Manil, I understand the agony you went through for the noise in your 90. But I feel you are being sceptical.

I bought a 2011 90HP just ten days back and have clocked 1.5k kms already. The car has no body noise and all our other members who own pre 2012 Puntos and Lineas too dont have it.

Go for the Linea!! You always have the option of rejecting the car after TDing it at the yard during PDI.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  4. Hi,
    I own a 2012 Linea and I would to sya the raised GC hasn't affected the fun in driving. I still through my car in corners at good speed without any fear.
  5. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

i had requested for TD the delear says he has appointments till SAT afternoon so i am waiting.
  6. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

I suggest you wait. Check this post and you'll know why:

BTW, what is this body noise that's bothering you?
    Is it by any chance a gushing wind (like?) noise at triple digit speeds?
  7. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Are you selling your punto 90hp just because of the body noise? or do you want to upgrade to a sedan. If your punto has a body noise it has to be rectified by fiat at any cost. You need to speak to Mangesh Kodulkar directly if TASS is not supporting. The noise problem can definitely be sorted out.

My Linea has some noise - rectified by door alignment, cavity waxing, re aligning the plastics. Now my linea has no noise whatsoever.
    Secondly i would like to ad , fiat cars make the least body noise compared to other vehciles.

There is no negative as such in owning a linea. But there are hell lot of positives.
    1. I get an executive best looking sedan almost longer like Toyota Innova.
    2. I get a stable good space sedan which is also amongst the best handlers.
    3. I get unmatched safety.
    4. I get 500L of boot space.

Hope this helps.
    I have also gone through your thread. But dont worry, please dont keep apprehensions about FIAT.
    3 people like this.
  9. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

In reply to ITALIA LINEA:

Yes i am changing car because of thr body noise. It was almost at the end of 16k Kms did i decide that enough has been done but noting even moved a bit. After the last TD with Dinesh CRM FIAT he has also confirmed that the car has excess noise and can be rectified and i need to wait for 2 months reason unknown though.

I love the brand and i am very much in love with FIAT no left with no choice i am changing my car but the horror of noise is still in my mind so i want to get convienced that atleast the LINEA is out of body noise.

My TD for linea is on this SAT then i will conclude my car purchase.

Hope atlease the LINEA travels with me for long like my FIESTA & CRUZE
  10. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

I am also a punto[ FTA 90HP with 34K on ODO] owner aspiring to become linea owner. I too have doubts with respect to new arrivals especially about refreshed 2013 linea. I am also looking for answer for this question.

As I am not biased(?) towards FIAT :) I wanted to test drive others vehicles like VENTO and Rapid.

I took test drive from RDC fiat last friday and was impressed with the linea's drive quality, TD vehicle was showing just 350KMs on ODO. The noise was very less and pick up was good. After TD ing linea I went to TD VENTO, though impressed with its fit, finish and engine power, I am not impressed with drive its quality. This gave me clear signal to go for Linea. Am I biased?? Naah!

@Linea owners
    Can you guys clarify one thing? Does the rear seat in Linea is bigger than Punto's? It appeared to me little bigger than punto. Can someone confirm that?