1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 90 HP launched

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by amogh, Jul 16, 2010.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Fiat India launched the Punto 90 HP version here in New Delhi today. The more powerful version of the Punto diesel has been priced at Rs 6.79 lakh ex-showroom Delhi (see prices for the Punto 90 HP below).

Powered by an 89 bhp 1.3-litre Multijet diesel engine, the Punto 90 HP borrows its engine from the Linea and is some 15 bhp more powerful than the existing 75 HP Multijet diesel engine found in the hatchback. This has been possible thanks to a re-tuned engine that also boasts of a variable geometry turbocharger instead of the fixed geometry turbocharger found on the 75 HP.

This makes the car about 3.8 seconds quicker to 100 kph than the regular 75 HP car and it boasts of a top speed that is 10 kph higher than the regular car as found in our road test. The car was also a couple of seconds quicker in our in-gear acceleration test. Not only has the car improved in terms of performance but also in terms of driveability and refinement. The interior quality and surface finish has also improved after feedback from customers.

The Punto 90 HP has been launched in the Emotion trim only for now and will co-exist with the Punto 75 HP. The other engines on offer are a 1.2-litre and 1.4-litre Petrol FIRE engines that produce 67 bhp and 88 bhp respectively.

PRICES OF THE PUNTO 90 HP ARE AS UNDER (ALL EX-SHOWROOM)

New Delhi: Rs 6.79 lakh
    Mumbai: Rs 7.01 lakh
    Bengaluru: Rs 6.88 lakh
    Chennai: Rs 6.83 lakh
    Kolkata: Rs 6.85 lakh

The colours on offer are: Bossa Nova White, Exotica Red, Medium Grey, Foxtrot Azure, Tuscan Wine

Source : BS Motoring : http://www.bsmotoring.com/news/fiat-launches-punto-90-hp/2324/1
  2. amogh

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I REALLY don't get this !! Why is it launched ONLY in EMOTION variant ? I hope the reporter has missed something
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think, Emotion and Emotion-Pack is called same Emotion variants. :confused

Great news, so who is going to test drive for us?? :anyone
  4. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    Seems to be a Typo to me, it cant be only in the EMOTION Variant.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Official webpage - http://www.fiatpunto.in/punto90hp.html

[attachment=0:1sutchek]0.JPG[/attachment:1sutchek]

[attachment=1:1sutchek]1.JPG[/attachment:1sutchek]

[attachment=2:1sutchek]2.JPG[/attachment:1sutchek]

2.JPG
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Doesn't sem to be a typo.
    90 BHP Punto was always to be launched in Emotion variants only. Fiat may not want to disturb pricing of its FGT other variants & may not want to discontinue them & replace them with 20-30K higher priced 90 BHP variants. PLus there are so many Punto variants now.

1.2 Active/Dynamic variants
    1.4 Emotion variants
    1.3 MJD FGT Active/ Dynamic / Emotion variants
    1.3 MJD VGT 90 HP Emotion variants

And each of the above categories have 1 or 2 sub-variants like Option Pack
  7. amogh

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    THE 90 HP PUNTO HAS BEEN LAUNCHED ONLY IN THE EMOTION PACK TRIM

Ex-Showroom Pune price is : 681684

Please check Punto website for city specific pricing details
  8. cartoos

cartoos

New Delhi
    I think its priced right and as BSM says its 3.8 seconds faster in 100 km speed than that FGT. Waiting for their test drive review in August issue.
  9. amogh

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am going to say VERY SMART PRICING.

Now all those who were thinking "I will just add a Pete's box to 76 HP Punto for 28k and get 90 HP Power" are going to scratch their heads !!
  10. neoonwheels

neoonwheels Amatore

Pune
    Actually the 30K increase is in Ex showroom price. On road it would be around 35-40K. Still I guess not a bad deal at all. You get FIAT certified and tested good performer than any rafter market thing.