1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

PUNTO 90 hp iced .

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Rupinder, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Rupinder

Rupinder

Ludhiana
    i bought a punto 90 hp bnw from ludhiana on 24 dec 2010. i am a previous petra 1.6 owner and wanted to go for fiat only but the difficulty of ice upgrading and retaining the steering and blue and me was stopping me .then i did a little research (ok a lot of research) and came to the conclusion that it can be done. so the components to go in where finalised even before the car.
    after i got the car . ordered the following
    1.genesis high low converter it gives 2 rca out at 5v and also a remote out for the amp.
    2 id chameleon cs 6.5 components at 2 ohm
    3 id 12 d4 sub
    4. bull wiring kit
    5 generic damping
    6 sub box was made by abhishek from chandigarh (thanks man)

i was planning to use my jbl gto 1004 amp from my petra for the time being .cos the budget had shot too much.

got the front doors and the hatch door damped.chamelons in the front ,no rear door speakers. amp fitted to the back of passenger seat.
    the hlc gives out put at 5 v so the gain on the amp are at 0.

when i first i heard the sound i was very dissappointed and talked to all and sundry about what to do so much money and no desired results. it was later i came to know that the id's require a 50 hr run in time to set in and the tweeter may take upto 100 hr.

after one month with the system . i am very pleased with the results.the fronts are very clear with a very thumping bass which integrates well with the sub .nice clean sound

but
    the ice bug has bite me and wanted to further improve it .so i am looking for a good sq amp for my comp as the present jbl is good powered but not good quality .so i have ordered a 4 channel amp which i will get in 10-15 days.
    when i got to know that my bro in law will be coming from us .i ordered a rf 360.2 processor .lets see what this can do to my sound stage and do some time alignment.. i am newbie in ice matters just learning the ropes as the only way one can by experimenting and emptying his pockets :lol:
  2. Rupinder

Rupinder

Ludhiana
    so the next upgrade has been done .i have upgraded the amp to mosconi as 100.4 .its a sq amp .its a beautiful looking amp as well as a nice sounding one.after the amp upgrade the harshness of the tweets has gone and the tweets and the midrange merge very well .what can i say .you get what you pay for and i am very pleased with this ampp
  3. Rupinder

Rupinder

Ludhiana
    a lot of changes have been made to my ice will upgrade about them soon
  4. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Just saw the update on the ICE upgrades thread. You're running a neat setup. Would love to audition the Scanspeak and the Profi!!