1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 90 hp headlight query

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by sanjeev, Jan 9, 2012.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    That's a pleasant surprise. Much different to what i saw in the case of a certain Linea whose headlights were looking as if they were tinted, due to the heat of the 90/100.

Cheers.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You need to use H1 for the fogs. NB+ is available for the H1 too. I have upgraded all the bulbs right from parking, low beam, high beam and also the fogs. I changed the parking light too, just to match the light shades.

True. Though the lights are very powerful, 90/100 may not be good in longer term as it will generate excessive heat.
  3. BarneyX

BarneyX

Kolkata
    Im doing some long drives on my Punto as well, and I really find the stock bulbs inadequate. I guess I will have to replace them soon. I see people here have been using Osram NB/NB+ and Philips Xtreme Power or Rally Power. Does any one have any idea about Philips Extreme Vision? I am not fascinated by white light (Philips Diamond Vision and the like) and would like the bulb to be purely brighter for safety and visibility purposes. Moreover I would like to remain with 55/60W specs.

Experts please suggest.
  4. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have NB+ in both head lights & fog lights. I dont think they throw more light than the stock,However as they are more white you feel they are more brighter. Anytime Philips Rally 100/90 are better which I had in my previous Indica for 5yrs without any darkening of the headlamps.
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  5. +1 to Kirenh, I am using Xtreme Power for almost a year now, but feel the light spread to be low. Now conteplating to either go with HID or some other Headlight upgrade.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I felt more than the brightness the problem in punto is the shadow begins much before than expected. So forced to use high beam.
    1 person likes this.
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I have changed my car bulbs to Philips 90/100... and also installed HELLA relay kit.. the light is excellent...
    only came to know how good it is.. when i changed it back to stock bulbs before servicing only bcoz my car was showing air bag failure in the display and i dint want the TASS to point the relay kit as the problem
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  8. I am using NB for the high beam and to be honest, i cant see a single thing on the road, planning to change it to something more brighter.
  9. Sorry guys for not updating this thread..
    i have changed the bulbs to Philips 90/100... with Roots relay kit and anyone thinking of going for the same .. Pls go ahead... this is something you wont regret.. the throw is excellent and the headlights as of now after usage of 2.5 months have not started darkening yet

Mods may close this thread now.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
    1 person likes this.