1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 90 HP Glow Plugs

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by supriy.fale, Jan 20, 2015.

1. supriy.fale

supriy.fale Timido

Thane
    Hi Friends,

Recently my Punto 90 HP started showing the "check glow plug message" and I took my car to the service centre.

They replaced two glow plugs as per the bill.

My queries are,

1. Does Punto 90 HP have only two glow plugs?
    2. If no, how many are there and how to ensure that the service centre has changed the required numbers correctly? Can I somehow check this?

I am asking this because my car is currently in warranty and if they have not changed all/needed glow plugs then I can still get it done in warranty rather than paying for it later.

BTW my car has run 26000 km.

Regards,
    Supriy Fale, Thane, MH
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    There are 4 glow plugs in Punto. Since the faulty one's were only changed, why would you need all the 4 to be changed just for the sake of warranty? Is the indication still glowing on the MID, If yes then replace the balance two. If not relax, enjoy the drive.
  3. supriy.fale

supriy.fale Timido

Thane
    Thanks @ghodlur for confirming. I had a doubt already that there should be 4 (one for each cylinder?)

And I am not planning to change the "good" ones if not necessary. I only wanted a way to make sure that the good ones are not toward the "end of their life". Otherwise I would need to change them soon later (and outside warranty maybe) which should have been changed now as a preemptive measure since all of them are under equal stress while firing the cylinders (I maybe wrong though).

So I asked if there is a way to check "how much life" is left in those two but I am not getting the glow plug warning now on MID.

Regards,
    Supriy
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Generally the life of the glow plugs is around 40k kms. You can check the glow plugs for their resistance, should be generally in the order of 0.5 ohms (should be mentioned somewhere in the Service manual, check Jagan Mohan Reddy's post on the forum where he added few manuals). If far less than that then it is on the verge of going bad.
    asimpleson likes this.
  5. supriy.fale

supriy.fale Timido

Thane
    Thanks for your reply.