1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 75 OR 90 HP Dillema

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by bhai, Mar 7, 2011.

1. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    He is asking if the 90HP is the same as a Naturally Aspired engine, that is a engine without a turbo.

Since you are putting down over 7L for a car, I would suggest you come take a test drive or meet a fellow TFIian somewhere!

The other thing I realised is that most TD 90HP cars in showrooms are relatively new, so they may seem the same as compared to the older 75HP TD vehicles which have their engine complete set.
  2. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    For me this a no brainer. Same weight, more power.
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I don't understand. Please clarify.
  4. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    @bhai - What's there to explain man. Even if there the 15 bhp power increase in only on paper, it is not going to be worse than 75 bhp Punto in real and there is good chance that the 15 bhp difference can be felt.

Today I drove 80 kms around Bangalore ORR just for the heck of it because I had nothing better to do. And I need to tell you that it is complete b******s to say that Punto 90hp is under-powered or is overtaken by Swift or accelerates like snail. These are just envious people.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2011
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Means are you dissatisfied with your car ?

Second thing is that FIAT has minimised the kerb weight of car to 1130 from 1190 K.g.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2011
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Bhai , you know Punto inside and out. Emphasis on the words inside and out. You have been driving the GP 75 for 40,000+ km's, even if all of them have been "troublesome" due to one issue or the other. :)

So, all you need to do is check if your finances allow you to purchase the 90. If they do, go for it. No one can tell you more about the Punto , than what YOU already know.;)

Cheers.
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanx Guru for quick reply. Your statement is correct. I am familier about performance & pros & cons of 75 BHP.
    But I don't know performance of 90 HP. You says go for 90 HP.
    But Redbull says Punto 90hp is under-powered or is overtaken by Swift or accelerates like snail
    That's why I am confused.
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    O pai munde ne simple english taan likhi si tu oh vi ni samjea.

Bhai, Redbull had used simple english to say that those who say that 90hp is underpowered or "where are those 15 additional horses?" are idiots. By all means, 90hp has got all the power required to match the SwifTIN box. Hope you got it.

He further says that why not go for 90hp. It can't perform any lower than 75hp in any circumstances. 75 and 90hp have almost same weight but since 90hp has more power, it has greater power to weight ratio.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanx to all to clarifying doubts.Especially to Paddleshifter.

Two more doubts about VGT GP is :- 1) Someone has mentioned that in city driving condition 90 HP is less peppier than 75 HP.

2) Someone has mentioned that Linea & 90 HP has same engine. But Linea has better acceleration & low end torque than Punto even Linea is heavier than GP. At low RPM 90 HP GP feels gutless. Linea feels more responsive than 90 HP GP at low RPM.
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  10. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    If you do a drag race between the 90HP and 75HP, the the 90HP will win every time. This means 0-100, 30-120 (in 3rd), 10-50(in 2nd). I have not driven the 75HP Punto too much, so cannot comment.

Also My dad has a Linea MJD E+ and I find most the cars the same, even though the Punto is lighter. To make out the difference I would have to have a timed drag race. Also My dad's car has run a little more than mine, my car has done less than 5k kms. So the engine may not have settled completely.