1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 75 OR 90 HP Dillema

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by bhai, Mar 7, 2011.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    sure it is ..sounds bit of sporty.

mileage depends on driving style but there is marginal difference .

75 hp is more peppy in lower end than 90hp

but rev high 90hp is heavenly..!!!
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

A humble request to all potential 90hp GP buyers - If you can afford the 90hp , just go for it.

There aren't any cons i can think of going for the 90.

The sole consideration can be that the VGT turbo used in the 90 is more expensive than the FGT one used in the 75 . But if properly cared for, turbos will last as much as the car , so you need not worry about the replacement cost.

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  3. sharadverma

Bhai I need to strech mt budget for 90 that is why asking does the power and mileage difference is noticable
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    definitely yes.
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Review of 90 HP Go as per Carwale website is as follows

Turbo spools at around 1900rpm and there is no turbo lag which makes the Punto more driveable.

Review of 90 HP Go as per Overdrive website is as follows

Turbo lag is still evident below 2000rpm, but it starts providing surge from 1600rpm onwards.

One member has mentioned that turbo boost in 90 HP starts from 1200 RPM.[/SIZE]

Which information is true.
    I am going to do upgrdation from Active to 75 BHP E+ OR 90 HP
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    I own a 90HP Punto. I feel the turbo lag is still there but I feel the surge from 1500/1600 rpm.
  7. just drive and feel the difference.
    i have driven both and feel 90 hp has better drive-ability.
    one must go for 90 hp if money is not a constraint.
    I m sure that many can't feel in which rpm there is turbo lag and turbo boost so discussing it is crap..
  8. sungoa2010

If one consider the other diesel cars, 90HP is the best VFM apart from being best drivers car. I am sure if Hyundai,VW or Honda sell it with the existing features one will never dream it in the current price. People should grab this oppertunity. It is a perfect blend of all that one expect from a hatch(more than what one expect from a hatch).
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    My dealer does not have Demo car to take TD of 90 HP.

My main doubts about 90 HP are -

1) because of VGT there is linear power delivery. It feels like regular Non-Turbo N.A. Car.
    There is no thrill like FGT

2) Max.Torque comes late @2000 RPM.
    So is there long and panic waiting for spooling of Turbo like Maruti Swift ?

3) Strong Turbo power backup is only after 2500 RPM.
    Means to take pleasure of 90 HP, I will have to drive it always more than 2500 RPM (100 KM/Hr.)

3) In city driving, is it really less peppier than 75 HP ?
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Bhai can you please explain this as I am confused. What do you mean by Non-Turbo N.A. car.