1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 75 OR 90 HP Dillema

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by bhai, Mar 7, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    i20 has Pumpe Düse technolgy ! :lol:
    Whats next? Maruti invented the VTEC i suppose?

Get ur facts right " bhai " .

P.S. I request the mods to lay down standards to improve the quality of posts on the forum.
  2. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    And TATA invented Multijet ::D
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Gurujinder

I have seen engine compartment of brand new i-20 . Hyundai has given Bosch Pump like old generation Mahindra Jeep. Only one positive point is Bosch Pump of i-20 has Electronic one.
  4. gurjinder

Punjab
    Wow that means Hyundai is cheating people by giving old Mahindra pumps (with electronics :p ) in i20 !! :)

Hyundai i20 Crdi - CRDI pump . It feeds the "common rail" which then distributes fuel accoring to the commands of the ECU. Max fuel pressure these pumps can generate = 35,000 psi

Old Mahindra Jeep - Mechanical injection pump. - It feeds individual nozzles. Look closely , there will be four metallic pipes coming out of the pump. There is no "common rail". Max fuel pressure these pumps can generate = 4400psi.

And Pumpe Düse is a different beast altogether.

So, please do not forward such absurd claims that the pumps in these two vehicles are somewhat similar.

Gurjinder.
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    i was wondering why has somebody mention PD is better than common rail . though OT . but it would be a great help.

i see that comparatively i20 lags only in road manners and steering accuracy else in every field hyundai i20 wins against punto . good interiors ,good ASS, NVH level at higher rpm are also good (not sure but heard) much better reputation .

in here usually, probably being a fiat forum that we say rest of the cars and brand are just nothing compared to Fiat . like mentioned in previous post about i20 . does it hold much truth ?

are we being jealous ??
  6. gurjinder

Punjab
    To say that Pumpe Duse is superior to Common Rail is like saying Pushrods are better than overhead camshafts.

Would love to hear why that "somebody" said PD is better than CR.

The main proponents of Pumpe Duse in personal transport, the Volkswagen group, have abandoned it and is adopting/adopted Common Rail throughout its diesel engine lineup. Yes, PD has a few benefits also , but the benefits gained by switching to Common Rail were far greater.

So, in accordance with Darwin's ' survival of fittest' , Common Rail survived. And PD can be found in commercial automotive applications now.

And whether its a Punto or i20 , it is to each according to his own.
    This is a FIAT community. We love FIATs. One man's love may appear jealousy to another. And, we are not Fanboys. If there's something about our fiats which may not be right, then we say it in as many words.

The difference between the i20 and the Punto (or any XYZ and the Linea) cannot be told or discussed or analysed. It needs to be 'felt'.

Gurjinder.
  7. sharadverma

sharadverma

Delhi
    Help me guys in deciding between 75 hp and 90 hp, my daily runni g is around 100 kms
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    If budget is not a constraint then go for Punto 90HP. The plus point which I liked in Punto 90HP is NVH level. I fall in love with the voice of the 90hp engine. Its so amazing.
  9. sharadverma

sharadverma

Delhi
    What about the mileage, and is there is noticeable difference in pickup and power
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey Sharad, if budget is not a limiting factor then go for 90Hp (as told by Kdar). It will never give lower FE than the 75Hp.