1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 75 OR 90 HP Dillema

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by bhai, Mar 7, 2011.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    @Bhai- I knew that you meant only what you have written above. What I wish to convey are 3 things:

Inference- This means that according to you, not all the Punto have consistent performance. Some of them were running like NA ones. So it means that there are chances that a new GP delivered to you might behave like NA car. ::pP

2. I hope you remember that initially your GP was supposedly running with decent performance. Subsequently, it developed power loss. This is what you wrote on 28th October 2010 at 11:15pm

Highlights of above link:
    - Car was fine for first 2500Km with strong turbo boost.
    - Lack of turbo boost after use of adulterated fuel. kerosene in the fuel tank detected and tank cleaned.
    Inference- This might happen again. Fuel quality is the same in your city even now. Remember that your car was ok at the time of delivery and suffered power loss after use with adulterated fuel for sometime.

3. The TATA service center in Ahmednagar is below to average as per your posts. Remember that he'll be the same guy even for 90Hp.
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanx for detail reply & clarification. But it means Bhai should not buy MJD.

But as per my sense 2 possiblities may be

1) I have used low quality fuel for first 10 month ownership (BS-II 48 Cetene) having high amount of sulphar 500 ppm

51 Cetene was not available in my city. So car is abused from the first day of purchase.

As per ARAI, high amount of formation of suplher may ruin injectors.
    So possibility of bad performance. Patially clogged injectors can't be catch in ECU Examiner.

2nd possibility

Faulty Crank Angle Sensor :- My Pulsar 220 DTS-FI was facing same problem like my MJD.
    I changed the Crank angle sensor.Problem solved. So Iam going to change Crank Sensor.
    When I had scanned my ECU for first time of my MJS, I found " Unknown Error" So this possibility is more.

As you replied I also may receive again car acting like NA.(Agian bad piece) But still Iam am going to play gambling.

Because my recent Active model has some additional problems also.

Regarding Driver Seat,Hard & Vague gear shift etc.
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

I think regarding the turbo Fiat's r tuned like that for linear power delivery...Again goin for a punto yy?? Im being frank here with my suggestion and wud tell u to go for Any maruti/hyundai diesel..they are tried n tested all over india more than the fiat's..
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

@ bhai - dont start over again. you are again calling your car as bad piece. it was a good piece right when you took it out of showroom?
    then you agree that you abused it by fuelling it with adulterated diesel. partially clogged injectors can be checked on examiner. the ecu scanner has all the 4 injector values seperate and shows correction on them.
    with a faulty crack sensor your car will not start at all. so dont bang your head on that.

i think you should try a diff car now. may be i20 diesel.
  5. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    I have to start this with personal experience,

there was time when TATA and Reliance came out with CDMA technology, happily went for TATA but from the 1st day i had such a bad experiences, that after a while i wasn't able to take relationship with company any further. From that day onwards i have never taken any service from TATA (saving myself from revisiting those horror moments as a consumer)

Now while buying Linea i didn't thought twice about TATA A.S.S, because the product is great, i can take some trouble to own such a beauty.

my point is, There are only two cases* in which, A person will go for a product/service provider with which he has shared a troublesome period:

1) The product is simply one of its kind. i.e. The product doesn't have a competition or is cut above the competition.

2) In the first interaction it was the fault of the user rather than the product/service provider.

*Simple logic from Consumer Behaviour class.

and everyone here is intelligent enough to infer where your case lies.

IMO you have a problem with both sets of power specification, so its a sincere suggestion DO NOT go for the product "again".
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    ECU examiner can detect only fuel supply .ie. wheather Cly.No.1,2,3,4 getting proper amt of fuel or not.
    ECU examiner can't check leaky injectors & the erratic spray format. :A

We can't detect erratic spray format unless & until we do not check injectors on state of the art machinery made by BOSCH of Rs.1 Crore which is used specailly for CRDi injectors.

Some times injectors works. But due to bad/erratic spray format,there will be improper automisation of fuel.& because of improper automisation of fuel,improper cumbustion is there.
    So we can't get proper power & torque from engine. In this situation ECU scanning becomes complete hogwash.

& i-20 ? that boring engine which has outdated pump-duse (Bosch pump) technology.
    i-20 emits horrible engine knocking like TATA SUMO & Tractor. & insane turbo lag is there also.
  7. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Did not had time to read the full thread.

The title of the thread is about 75 or 90 HP. It is simple to choose, if you are spirited driver and have vitamin M go for 90 HP.

Always prefer to go for fully loaded with OEM options.

8. drifter

drifter Regolare

You don't need to have the examiner detecting everything. Even with the other equipment mentioned you will not detect everything. This is why we got a brain placed between the ears. Any technician relying on the examiner is no technician.

Also Pumpe-Duese technology is not outdated. It is better than common rail. Unfortunately the money grabbers in the financial dapartment do not want to pay out for the more expensive solution.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    ::V Agreed.
    Read at 2min 15sec onwards:

But the thing is that you will get good power if you keep it above 2000rpm. 0-100 timings are good too.

@bhai- Regarding VW, have a look here. The post is based upon ownership feedback on BHP forum:

Skodas (Fabia) have very pricey spare parts. Then you are left with only Punto and i20. So there are not much choices.

The only other option is to go for either FIGO diesel, Ritz, Swift or Micra diesel.

In any case you still wish to go for Punto, then opt for the 90Bhp VGT Punto. Power delivery will be way too linear as tuned but it will have very good driveability at 1500rpm even. ::T
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    How many 75 BHP owner fiatians are giving preferance to 75 HP even after taking TD of VGT.
    I think we should take poll on this subject.

Criteria of polling should be :- FGT owner should have experiecne of TD of 90 HP.