1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 75 OR 90 HP Dillema

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by bhai, Mar 7, 2011.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi

Iam going to replace my GP Active to top end varient. Iam in great dillemma about 90 OR 75 HP

I took TD of both.

FGT
    I checked 4 FGT GP. Out of 4 GP ,2 brand new cars were running absolutly like Naturally Aspirated engine.

There was no Turbo Spike in 2 GP of 75 HP . & other 2 GP of 75 BHP were giving strong turbo boost. :confused

VGT
    I checked 90 HP also. As all know due to VGT,power delivery is linear. But it was too much linear. :shocked

So please help. Iam afraid that I will face same problem again in my new GP as mentioned in my locked thread "Loss of Power"
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Bhai- My sincere advise, don't do this. Just enjoy the sudden turbo boost of Dejire. ::T
    I'm sure that you will never be able to keep peace with even the 90Hp diesel. :helmet
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    bhai
    How you checked 4 New GP's. Was the dealer giving test drives on New cars which are meant to be sold to customers.
    :eek:fftopic
    Bhai give your turbo boost theory a break. Now you are finding this problem in new cars also.
    I think Fiat should hire you to test the turbo boost of new cars before they are shipped to dealers, like Videocon have hired people to test sound quality :evilsmile

Also why do you want to buy another FIAT when the turbo doesn't work in Fiats and feels like NA diesel cars.
    Hold on till new Swift launches and then sell your current GP and buy new Swift which have 100% working turbo. But be cautious sometimes swift turbo does overtime and it works over 300% and you endup in back of the car in front of you :evilsmile
    If you again buy a Fiat GP, a M800 will again beat you :evilsmile :evilsmile

Mods:- If the above post seems offensive kindly delete or edit it.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Vijay
    I was 100% sure that I will get this type rediculous & too much criticle answer from you.

For your kind information,all cars were brand new tested by me.

@Paddle I understand that what type of misunderstanding is in your mind about me.
    Still I have no complaint with you. Thanx
  5. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

If its between 75 and 90 hp.. go for 90 hp.

better performance.
  6. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    Yeah and then we sort the turbo boost you want sorting:

Sorting out AIR, intercooler, pipes, exhaust and re-map. And if this is not enough then we go for cams, headwork and bottom end.

If you need more aftervthis, we still can replace a lot of materials by lighter ones of a superior quality.

If this is still not enough then you have to bring your cheque book with you and we will fix it.
  7. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bhai saab, I have no misunderstanding about you. The only reason for advising you against Punto 90Hp/76Hp everytime is that I believe there is no appreciable "turbo spike" in FIAT MultiJets. Power delivery is linear only. They are tuned that way only.

Turbo spike= I think there are no turbo spikes in Fiat MultiJets. And that the power delivery is linear. The tuning is such that its meant to give a linear delivery only for better drivability in B2B traffic.

See this video of the Grande Punto test drive by Times Drive. Have a look once and see what he has to say at 3 min 1 sec onwards:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-pcDGfBL2E&playnext=1&list=PL0DE8CF15F518DDBF[/youtube]
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Paddle
    Saw Video carefully & listened also . I 100 % agree

I agree that in GP there is no sudden surge in B2B traffic.

Because in B2B traffic sudden surge is not useful like Swift.

FGT vesrion Turbo wakes up @1500 RPM. Means below 1500 RPM there is turbo lag.

Even there is lag below 1500 RPM,still drivability of FGT is not bad. Right ?

Then why my MJD is not giving drivability as same as other FGT.

For some time let's forget Turbo-boost/spike etc.
    In short, I am getting wrong torque below 1500 RPM. I checked other FGT versions also.
    I found that other GP having FGT has better drivability below 1500 RPM. Mine is not. :shocked :A

For understanding my exact problem of my car,concentrate on bold characters only. You will get what Iam saying
  9. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Bhai- Ok, I understood what you mean here. Lets even forget the adulterated fuel used in your area and the petrol mafia etc etc.

What I really mean to say is that what if you get the 90Hp diesel but that too falls short of the expectations or later on it starts showing lack of power attributed to whatever cause (adulterated fuel etc or anything).

If I'm not happy with a product XYZ and have had bad experiences with it, I'll avoid it in future. Whether it a Rs150 optical mouse from Intex or a Rs3000 central locking from Xenos crap. A car costs lacs of Rupees.

You'll sell your Punto and then buy a Punto again!! Its quite a big risk to go for the same product that couldn't live upto your expectations earlier. I hope that you understand what I mean to say. Top end 76 Hp costs close to Rs6.5lacs ex-showroom and 90Hp costs close to Rs 7lacs ex-showroom. This is a big amount of money. You had already spent >Rs5lacs on your previous car.

The more important thing is that I hope you do not take any offense at my posts. I'm not here on this thread for fun. I just want to discuss an important factor to be considered while making such a decision (selling a car and buying the same car again)
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I got what you are saying.

But again you are in misunderstanding.

I am not saying that I am unhappy with the performance of GP.

I am saying that Iam unhappy to the performance of MY GP.

While taking TD of other GP, I found that Performance of other 75 HP versions is better than my 75 HP.