1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 75 HP Vs. 90 HP (Or wait for Facelift?)

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Pratik Lunavia, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Pratik Lunavia

Pratik Lunavia Timido

ahmedabad
    Wow mr. N kiran,

I guess yours review is really gonna help me. Such a described one !! well i agree to your take. as i have got offers on 80k for my fiat from few other garage owner than the fiat dealer (on quicker I have seen 1.25 to 1.50 Lacs too for Maruti ZEN !!!) . but then I guess I have to see the exchange bonus which i will be getting from dealer( which is inclusive of that 1 lac discount he is offering me)
  2. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    You are going to get much better deal than what you have mentioned even without the exchange of old car with dealer.

Cheers... :up

Neel
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I suggest wait it out till the facelift is out even if you are keen on the current one. The reason is you will get some mouth watering deals. Save that money and spend on either fuel to cover more kms or spruce up the car further.

Also I dont think, Fiat can afford to go for higher pricing than the current price. At the most, a 15-20K increase is they can afford and the same will off by way of free insurance or loyalty bonus in a couple of months time.
  4. Ankurparwani

Ankurparwani

Chennai
    Hi all

I'm to new to "team fiat" was introduced by a friend. Surely looks like my problem will be solved here.
    I currently own a Chevrolet beat diesel about 2 years old and is 30,000 km run. I work in a real estate company and have a mix driving of city and highways as I need to go on the highways to see a few properties , etc...also at times for personal reasons.

frankly Punto was never in my list to be considered. Getting a very low value for my beat I thought better take a Maruthi next time as the maintenance and service is cheap and better. Also the resale value is great.

However seeing a lot of stuff online I decided to surely consider the Punto. I'm going to have a TD today. I don't like the current interiors and shall wait for the facelift. Hopefully after the TD i won't do a TD of any other car .

Given my my above usage of about 1300-1500 kms a month with a mix of city and highways - what do you guys suggest - 75hp or 90? And why?

Regards
    ankur
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Ankur,

The answer to your question lies in post#10 by mod N Kiran. I would suggest to test drive both 75 Hp and 90HP and let us know about your views on the same.
  6. Ankurparwani

Ankurparwani

Chennai
    Ghodlur

I just had TD of the Punto. I would like to share my experience as below :

1) WTF was that??
    2) Amazing
    3) Simply Superb
    4) What a Car

My office is in the IT corridor of Chennai. The dealer was kind enough to get the car here - It was a 18,000 driven test drive vehicle. We were 5 of us in the car. I have to tell you I'M in love with it. The only & the only thing which let me down was the sad Interiors. Very old fashioned and bad quality. However they are coming with a FL so i'm waiting for that now. I'm selling my beat at a loss though but never mind - I'M awe struck at the moment.

I don't think i need to test drive the Swift or the Polo. I have decided my car - PUNTO (Emotion) it is. I hope i get a good price for the facelift version as I feel 8 lac is a little above my budget.

I'm going to be here now guys - Because I'm soon going to buy a PUNTO.

Regards
    IN LOVE WITH THE PUNTO.
    3 people like this.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Ankur,

Can understand your feelings (Even I would want to have the same feelings when I TD the Abarth). However you havent mentioned which variant did you test drive? Was it 75 HP or 90 HP? You can make the sad looking interiors better by putting a nice Seat cover, few mods here and there and you will start feeling good about the interiors too. Since the FL Punto is going to be pricier than the existing one, suggest you to hold till the launch, check out the prices and discount offered on old stock and then decide accordingly. Hope this works for you.
  8. Ankurparwani

Ankurparwani

Chennai
    Ghodlur

I test drove the 75 bhp Emotion version. No matter how much i Change the interiors the dash board remains the same & I'm not a fan of the Grey color inside. I hope the new version is not too pricey and offers some discount atleast.if the 8 lac on road becomes 7.5 I'm surely buying it. I dont think i require the 90 HP as i'm already too happy with the 75 hp.

Any idea when is the FL coming out? The dealer told me sometime this month.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ankur,worth waiting for new punto,whatever it is with the change.

Later you should not remain with "Regret" of buying the old punto :)

The new interioirs are very nice ,atleast on new linea.
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Ankur if you want to feel the new interiors then feel new linea. Lots of changes has happened in new linea.

Do check & wait for FL punto :)