1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 2012 - factory Toe, Caster & Camber values

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ashish Agrawal, May 10, 2012.

1. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    Can someone confirm that the Camber , Caster are fixed in the Fiat Linea and cannot be adjusted. I have also been told that the Toe angles of the rear wheels do not matter.. is that True? Recently i got the alignment done for my car and the Toe readings(left rear) falls outside the specification limits.
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    The wheel alignment shop has told me that caster and camber cannot be adjusted, only toe be adjusted. That too of the front wheel.
    When there are problems at the rear, get it to FASS and they will try shimming or re-fit the suspension to bring it back within the limits.
    The toe of rear wheels DO matter. I had worn out tyres because of that.
    C_S likes this.
  3. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks for this info i will get this reading checked with FASS ...
  4. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    I got the alignment checked at FASS, the rear toe readings were not within the specification limits, however they said that it was not a problem. I also discussed with someone called at expert at FASS on this, and even he confirmed that is OK even if the readings were beyond the specification limits. He said only if Shimming is required, they will do it, else it is not problem. So the way i understood was, if there is a gap which needs to be filled it is a problem, else it is Fine... Can someone confirm if this understanding is correct and this is the right thing to do. I am not having any problems with the balance or handling of the car.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Guys, it has already been discussed in the forum elsewhere also.

The camber, caster and toe of the Linea are adjustable. I had bad camber on 3 wheels : 2 front and 1 rear. Had it adjusted and all is within spec now.

If the wheel shop says that the camber and caster are not adjustable it just because they do not know how to.

Cheers.
  6. Prajay Madhavan

Prajay Madhavan Timido

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Guys, Can you let me know how to adjust the caster on the car.. I am not doing it myself, but just to learn. I did a wheel alignment on my linea today and there is a 0.3 deg difference between my left and right caster. I notice a very slight pull to the right side and I need to compensate that with steering input.
  7. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    can any one please tell me how much it will cost to adjust the camber and all..recently when i checked the wheel alignment, they said that the camber needs to be adjusted and they insisted to do it from there rather than FASS. Also please confirm is there any problem to the cars other than uneven worn out tyres