1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 2012 - factory Toe, Caster & Camber values

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ashish Agrawal, May 10, 2012.

1. Ashish Agrawal

Ashish Agrawal Timido

Surat
    Does anybody on this forum have the factory values for wheel alignment of Punto 2012....i.e Toe, Caster & Camber....Don't trust the TASS guys for this job....I also read somewhere that wheel alignment guy is suppose to choose international punto or something of that sort in their software for punto
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Don't have the values of new suspension that 2012 punto and linea have
    But for 2009-2011 cars you have to select Punto Customized in software and for 2012 cars you have to select 2012 Punto.
    All wheel alignment shops that have internet connection would have been updated with 2012 car alignment data
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Ashish

It seems that you have not read user mannual
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    As far as I know the alignment shops doesn't adjust caster and camper values. They do Toe adjustment.
  5. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Vijay would you have alignment readings for the Linea TJet+. Please let me know. Also, in case TASS shares alignment readings would you be able to share the same?
  6. Ashish Agrawal

Ashish Agrawal Timido

Surat
    Still baffled with Toe, Camber & Caster values....

The owners manual for Punto 2012 has the following Total Toe value
    FR: -1 +/- 1 mm
    Rear: 3.8 +/-1 mm

while the circular from Tata motors to TASS to update thier alignment data has different data.....don't recall the toe values which was different from the above, but camber & caster is mentioned, Fiat has a different version

Values from Fiat official:

Camber
    min -1.00'
    max 0.00'

Castor
    min -2.20'
    max 3.20'

Values from Tata official:

Camber -0.30' +/- 30'

Castor 2.50' +/- 30'

Can anyone enlighten, which values are correct for new punto 2012? Which of these (if) belong to old punto with 165 GC??

What about the total Toe value, is the one printed in owners manual for 2012 correct, becuase the circular from Tata to TASS has different value?
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I noted down following customized reference values for Linea from the John Bean machine when I had visited TASS:

Castor: 3 degree 20' to 2 degree 20'
    Front Camber: -0 degree 10' to -0 degree 50'
    Front Toe: -0 degree 02' to 0 degree 04'

Hope these values help you. I would also request TFI members to post reference values that they have seen/observed at TASS
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Here is the vehicle alignment report from A1 Car Care Centre, Jayanagar, Bangalore:

DSC07981.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Thanks Ravi sir, this is helpfulInterestingly, my camber values from TASS match values given to Ashish by Tata official. Your values match values given to Ashish by Fiat official. I guess your values are correct ones
  10. Pheonix

Pheonix Timido

Chennai
    I am waking up this thread after two years of no activity.

What i observed from my past Palio SDX and Punto 90HP 2014 June and some inquiries with wheel alignment experts is inherently all fiat vehicle has some kind of discrepancy in suspension system geometry. In most of the cases camber is not within acceptable deviation.

In fiat we cannot adjust the Camber it is fixed unlike Tata's and innova , only toe can be adjusted.

What the wheel alignment does is adjust the toe to maintain steady steering to compensate camber deviation but still there will uneven Tyre wear out.

Other point what i understand is the wheel suspension system geometry is not much depended on the car it is Law of Physics which applicable to all vehicles.
    1 person likes this.