1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 2012 Emotion 75HP or Punto 2012 90HP

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Relativity, Feb 13, 2012.

75 HP Emotion with new specs or 90 HP Emotion with old specs

Poll closed Feb 18, 2012.
  1. 75 HP Emotion with new specs

2. 90 HP Emotion with old specs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Here's the offer that I am getting in Chennai from Concorde Motors:

2012 Punto MJD Emotion 75 HP - INR 7,70,000
    2012 Punto MJD 90 HP - INR 8,04,000

The only difference is the Emotion has Increased GC + Reduced Turning Radius.
    The 90HP has the old GC and old turning radius.
    Both are available in the new Oceanic Blue color and are manufactured in 2012.

I am aware that I can increase the GC later but please bear in mind that I am a newbie and still learning to drive.
    This is not a poll on whether you will opt for the GC upgrade or not. It's what you will pay for from amongst the two in a week from now.
  2. Frankly I am driving my Punto since 2009 in Mumbai for me GC is not an issue. I will opt for the fun of GP 90Bhp anyday over the 75bhp.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

90 BHP any day. Are these final prices quoted, we got it for lot less - 75 HP.

You may need to ask the mods to merge this with your existing thread.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Na, it's okay, the thread will anyway be closed in a week's time as Relativity will have made his choice by then . :)

And my vote goes to the Mighty 90. Me is a Mighty 90 fanboy at heart! ::D
    1 person likes this.
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

As i already told you, it's you who set your priorities. I am not a fan of auto magazines but at least could refer an excerpt from Autocar when they comment on Punto 90 HP vs Punto 75 HP. I don't need these details to comment & be sure of but i have been advised to support my comments with some reference so here i go.

"the difference the 15bhp makes is when you drive flat out. The 90HP gets to 100kph 1.4 seconds faster, and you’ll hit 120kph a huge 3.7sec earlier than the 75HP"
    Grande Punto 90HP - Review - Autocar India

If i try to maintain an unbiased view that one should on auto forums then:
    So it's pretty obvious for the Grunt 90 HP gets suddenly after 100 Kmph. It was leading by just 1.4 secs till 100 & suddenly shoots to 120 kmph to create a massive difference of 3.7 secs with next 20 kmph. I think 90 HP already has sufficient GC still if you come across sudden undulations in your daily drive as i mentioned before, you can opt for GC kit at the time of delivery only.

Now a bit like myself:
    Why don't you opt for 90 HP only even though you are not participating in rally's?? That's shocking & crazy that you are still keeping 75 HP as an option:uh. Dump it & get 90 HP now. It's more power under your foot just for another Rs 30000. It will smoke those Polos/Fabias/i20s with those fake exhaust, alloys, Playboy written on rear shield (looser!) with all that cheap ICE jobs with "boom boom" noise like homo sapiens have just killed a dog, the food for tonight so time to celebrate:dancing!. Also there is no GC issue in 90 HP what so ever. I have only hit my front bumpers three times underneath (still no GC issues, uh?:confused:)

Whatever, Personally i would like you to buy 90 hp. It's one badddd machine:cool:.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
    3 people like this.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    GC increased :- thats pretty much for fast drive's on bad roads
    Reduced turning radius :- Minimised changing of gears(forward and backward)

P.S :- 1. Atleast you can challenge Punto 90 HP's on the bad roads;)
    2. Good Roads:- 90 Hp:cool:
  7. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Please go for 90HP if your budget permits. I don't see any points other than $ against the 90HP.
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

One more thing to share bro. I want to praise 90 HP with an open heart. You know why? I have driven it today after 4 days. I exchanged it with my Bro in Laws Verna 1.5 CRDI just for the sake of changing taste. Man, it seems like years have passed. Driving Verna was so difficult. It shudders even in 2nd gear if happens to be in higher gear at low speed. It sends such violent vibrations like touched some HIGH TENSION VOLTAGE CABLE::OO. Verna is driven 37000 KMs only against my 90 HPs 11000 KMs. It was so tiring to drive it. Moreover In Punto i was always maintaining high speeds with ease so was covering miles very quickly. In Verna, it bored the hell out of me. Since it doesn't have disc brakes, was highly unsafe anything over 90kmph.

In punto, even if you happen to leave it in 4th@15km/hr, it forgives you. It doesn't know how to vibrate & i got to know today "how badly 90 HP has spoiled me". I didn't find any acceleration related advantage too in Verna, surprisingly:mrgreen:. My back is hurting so bad as i had to drive through rough roads of Najafgarh (Delhi NCR) today in Verna.

I would advise you to test drive 90 HP again & pls don't start crying for very short 1st gear. It's 1st gear is rubbish, I know. Pls note that you are not allowed to touch accelerator at all during this test drive.:ban. Follow this instruction religiously. Whatever stated below is applicable even when you madly load the car. Get 5 people inside, pack the boot & it would be even better if steep inclination/flyover is ahead:razz:.

Just get along to 5km/hr in 1st & shift to 2nd.
    Press the clutch & slot into 3rd@10-15km/hr.
    Wait for 2 secs, press the clutch & 4th@20/hr
    Wait for 2 secs again, press the clutch & slot into 5th@20-25.
    You are even allowed to skip the 3rd if you want to directly slot into 4th from 2nd@10-15 km/hr from 2nd.

You won't hear any knocking or vibration at all:cool:.

Leave it in 5th & you will sail along at consistent 35-37 Kmph all day at consumption of 35km/ltr (without touching accelerator at all). Try it, it's fun:up!!
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

The Verna 1.5 does not have disc brakes!! From where did you get this info. :?

IIRC, the Verna 1.5 top model had disc brakes at all four wheels. And the lower variants had discs up front and drums at rear. Just like the Punto.

10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

After reading all this, the GC does not bother me. But I want to know what am i buying.
    Concorde Motors is saying 90HP is available with old GC and VST Motors sent me a message now that 90 HP has increased GC of 185 MM.
    Is there no way to find out if Fiat has launched 90 HP in 2012 with increased Gc, reduced turning radius and new Interiors or not? I will write to Fiat I think.

I would just hate to book the car thinking something and then get a delivery of something different.
    I am going to book it this Saturday after looking at the Oceanic Blue in flesh and after a TD of 90HP. But the problem is, nobody has a 900HP 2012 model on display in any color to verify the specs.

Has somebody purchased a 90 HP this year, could you please confirm?

@ Enki- I will do exactly as you told me to. Thanks for the TD instructions. I saw a new Verna Fluidic today and didn't like the looks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.