1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 2012 dynamic-help required

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by sidindica, Nov 26, 2012.

1. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    May be a thorough check near the A pillar, throughout the entire front door joints may help to find the gaps that produces the noise.
  2. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    Get the ECU checked for the pick-up there could be something wrong with the mapping, if there is, then the tass guys will install the maps again. Also get the turbo hose checked, it could also be responsible for the pick-up. For vibration in the steering wheel, can't say much as you are using stock wheels which are used in linea, so there should be no issues. But still get them checked.
  3. apt

apt Timido

vadodara
    hey sidindica
    I have the same problems as well, in further I have the problems with the electric system of whole car also like horn, music system, door autolock n mechanic handle lock-open, even the headlights...
    I feel same air noise inside of my car on/or above 60
    same my car is lacking in pickuping and when I drive with ac on I have to change the gears so rapidly...
    some vibration noise coming from almost all doors...

I don't know what is happening with my gpmjd while I am very genuinely drive my car mainly on highway, my maximum speed on highway is 70-80, I drive my gpmjd in very economic speed.
    I m very disappoint with GP
    I bought it 4 months back with 8000 kms driven.
  4. sidindica

sidindica

-
    The dirty air filter was culprit, it was cleaned. Turbo hose and pipes were cleaned, turbo was normal. Wheels were balanced, steering problem gone. Doors were readjusted, wind noise gone. Seats were tightened, squeaks gone. Car back to normal. Excellent job done by Oberoi sector 1, Noida.
    2 people like this.
  5. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    That's good news Sid. As you changed the speakers, the door panels would have been taken off and refit and by that time, the door might have get loosen up. If you checked immediately with the door (Pull it a bit when open, it gives jerk) the technician might have corrected it. Are you driving in dusty roads (outskirts) of Delhi?

- - - Merged Post - - -

APT, you may check with the battery. I had the issue. On 28th day of delivery, the cables on the battery got loosen up in my car - that also in the middle of road in a busy junction. I checked with 24 hour support, they told to open the bonnet and press the screws well. As well the technician told that he will come in 20 mins and he reached in 15 mins and tighten the screws of the wiring and it is running fine.

It is advised to switch on the AC once you reach the 3rd Gear or reach 40km on your speedo. Might be you are using the AC while starting the car itself. The battery need to get charged. May be this is the culprit in all your electrical system failure. I used to switch on AC only after reaching 60 KM in speedo as by this time, I would have crossed 1.5 KM and the battery will have better charge to dispose for the electrical/electronic units.

Over the vibration noise from the doors, please check the locking pattern. You need to close the door a bit tight to lock properly (not like the soft touch doors of Maruti's). Just check the doors locked properly and post us.
  6. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

This low pickup problem was also there in my 2012 dynamic Punto. Car used to hesitate a lil before going into the turbo region, specially in 3rd gear and no it was't turbo lag. Problem persisted for some 1 week or so and one fine day everything back to normal. Now it comes back for a min or two, once in some 4-5 days and disappears on its own. Till now it is not bothering me much so never bothered to ask TASS about it. Wanna keep them as far as possible from my car's internals :-D