1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 2012 Bossanova White

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by joe333, May 5, 2012.

1. joe333

joe333 Timido

The decision to buy a car was all of a sudden but to select which one was not.
    Test drove most of the vehicle and finally fell in luv with Punto.
    And so... now a Proud owner of a Grande Punto Active.

What i liked
    Improved Ride quality especially at the rear.
    Suspension is much softer but handling is still superb.
    Engine seems to pack more punch than the earlier versions.
    Nice engine growl (this made others give way in fear ;-) )
    Legendary built quality of fiat.

Blind spots - needs some getting used to.
    AC - fogs up the windscreen and makes night driving difficult (Seems like some air still flows through the windshield defogger vent even if we select other options)
    Rattles: front left door-pretty irritating.
    rear left and right c pillar.
    (My 12year old matiz which has crunched almost 2lkh kms still runs smooth without any of these issues)

Small niggles-small rubber and plastics got loose.
    The wiper blade was really bad and made streaks on my windshield.

And I don't want to spoil the post by talking about the dealership experience ( hoodlums ).

Has covered about 3500Kms. Got an average on 16.5KMPL (Highway+city)(trip-3000KMS). And 20.6KMPL on highways (for 340KMS)
    1 person likes this.
  2. sungoa2010

Congratulation for the BNW Punto.
    From which place you belongs to?

Fiats wipers are the best in terms of functionality. I haven't seen any other vehicle having that curvy design for wipers.
    Share some photos of the beauty.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats Joe for the Grande Punto, Do post some pictures
    Can you please tell us which small rubber part got loose??. As said by our fellow mate Fiat's wipers are the best without a Backbone and that too a seed sensing system.
    1 person likes this.
  4. joe333

joe333 Timido

Thank you fellas...
    Here is my beauty

Do very much like the car but the windshield misting is a real pain when driving at night.
    Why would any one design the air vent in such a way that whatever position we keep the knob, air flows through all the vents??

BTW Ive completed 5K and my car went for its first free service...asked them to clear the rattle on LHS front door (well..mine was kinda louder.)
    And now the car still have that sound + the door ajar alarm light is ON which results in the car refusing to lock :sad1 .
    In-spite of these issues and niggles once we start the car...every thing is forgiven and all those problems ...irrelevant.

The engine seems to have settled in now.
    And my average has gone up to 18.8 KMPL average speed of 38KMPH.

Can someone plz verify the engine RPM at idle? Mine is 800 RPM is that normal for punto?
  5. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Idle rpm is 800. normal
    Air does not flow through all vents in all knob positions. There must be some issue. get it checked
  6. joe333

joe333 Timido

Well finally....after 6months Punto covered 15K KMS.
    After the first service the engine has lost all its inhibition to rev past that 2k rpm mark.
    The engine sound seems to have settled and mileage has gone up to 19.6KMPL average (calculated for 2500KMs).
    And the misting it seems is due to the humid weather condition in kerala so nothing to do but to keep the blower speed to the min (and is more than enough).
    Its now raining and I am so angry with myself for not informing the service guy about the wiper.

7. joe333

joe333 Timido

Finally a year has passed and my car covered 30K - going strong without any problems.
    After the 3rd service mileage improved getting around 22.5KMPL (avg of about 500Kms) in highways.
    Engine is super smooth, however I don't like the 15K oil change (after 10K we can feel the engine straining) - well I believe in Fiat, they are the experts, and if they say 15K so be it.
    And due to improper tyre alignment done at a TASS - all my tyres are outta shape.
    Also the Exide battery that comes with Punto is of low quality - the lights get dim when we stop revving the engine.

All the minor niggles apart, I am very happy to have selected Punto. :)
  8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    A year and 30k kms on the odo! Way to drive a FIAT :redcar
  9. joe333

joe333 Timido

After 2 years and 7 months my car touched 60K KMS.
    What to say....a great car. It has its set of problems, but still a great car.
    Ive changed tires to 185/60/r14.
    However the rear left tire still wears along the outer edge.

Clutch has turned a little harder.
    Engine vibrates more and has gone noisier. (Could be the timing chain)
    Maximum economy obtained on highway 23.9KMPL (Average of 2000+ KMS as shown in display).
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    Good going @joe333 , Can we have few pics of the beauty,
    How is she looking now? :)