1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 2011 90HP - 60k Service Query

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by TheDrifter, Mar 26, 2015.

1. TheDrifter

TheDrifter Amatore

Hyderabad
    I have a 2011 Punto 90hp which has now cloaked about 60500 kms on ODO and I know its due for servicing which involves Timing chain Belt replacement. As I will be ending my Extended warranty period this July 2015, wondering can i replace the Timing chain belt in next service due at 75k ?

The reason behind is I have a unexpected travel to coorg with my friends and have no other option to find an alternative car, so here are my two options I see
    1. Replace just the engine oil for this servicing, wait till I come back from my trip, and get the timing chain replaced.
    2. Run the car for another 2000kms without giving for servicing, and then give it for servicing for complete Oil change + Timing chain belt replacement, but here I would be touching about 63000kms on ODO, would that be still fine or am I taking toomuch of risk of my engine?

Please help me to clarify this so I can plan my trip in peace ! TIA
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes it is risky for a long trip. Timing chain change takes couple of hours and does not cost a bomb. Please do it now rather than later. Your existing timing chain can snap anytime now or maybe even run for another 50k kms, you never know. But its not worth the risk. Make time and get it done ASAP.