1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto : 2009 Vs 2010

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by ancientmariner, Jun 16, 2010.

1. ancientmariner

ancientmariner

Starting this thread so that we have information regarding the differences between the 2009 and 2010 Punto model. I have seen some threads where some information is given but it would be a good idea to have this at one place. This would help buyers choose between the models as 2009 models are being offered at a discount. What are the features/aspects that we are compromising on ?
    I hope this is helpful.

2. Andy

Andy Esperto

Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The main motive for me to get a Dec 09 model was the discounts they offered plus got 2+2 warranty and other perks on the deal if i got a 09 and wouldnt have got if i booked it in Jan...

Yea got a B3 though would have got a B4 if i'd have got it later this year...

3. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The main difference is emission norms : BS III vs BS IV

Also, 2010 models have better plastics quality and fit and finish. Apart from this, I don't think there is any major difference.

4. arishi

arishi Regolare

Not all 2010 models are BSIV. I checked the inventory list of BU Bhandari and they have couple of 2010 cars with BSIII specifications

5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes not all 2010 are Euro 4... I guess post Feb or March vehicles are...

6. ancientmariner

ancientmariner

Slightly offtopic ,One question I had is ( I am not sure how the assembly plant functions) : If the car is being assembled today (17th June), will the engine necessarily be 2010 May-June make ? Or can it Jan/Feb/Mar 2010 too ?

7. arishi

arishi Regolare

Going by the principles of Assembly line manufacturing & JIT, if a product is Manufactured today, the serial number assigned to it should be today & also the engine manufactured should be of within a weeks time (considering if Ranjangaon plant is not working on a full JIT schedule). So the car should have June built and most likely a May-June Engine.

Disclaimer: I have not been to Ranjangaon Plant, so can not tell for sure if the Engines are inventoried or they work on JIT principles). What I am saying is a purely speculative statement based on my experience of some OEM factories.

8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Difference between 2009 vs 2010 - how about power & FE? Linea MJD got her power increased by 6-7 HP & FE increased by almost 3 kmpl (as per ARAI) after being converted from BSIII to BSIV.

9. jumu

jumu Superiore

VP,

What could be the reason for increase in FE and HP on upgrade to BS4 ?. Why didnt it happen in the Punto ? Why only in the Linea mjd. Does the VGT have anything to do with such a change ?

Abdul

10. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

The other not so technical difference would be.

2009 Punto: A Real Head Turner since very few were seen on the road. :dance
    2010 Punto: Still a head turner but now you could find many.