1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

punto 1.6mjd coming?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by srikaratluri, Feb 11, 2011.

1. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    The only way Fiat will launch the 1.6 Ltr engine is if they use it mainly for the export market! and they give us an expensive option we anyone of us wants to get one :| just like the Auto i20!
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    there is no way fiat is going to launch any car above 7lac. and 1.6ltr is definitly going to be exorbitant.

fiat is already struggling to sell of punto 90hp which did not lead anywhere as it is already in bracket of "high asking price" . i have enquired personally about punto at least with t-jet . the answer was a huge laugter ending up saying "impossible".

our indian market has almost gotten saturated with either cheap vfm cars ranging from 2-5lakh or delux cars above 10+lac .indians as usual accept only the either ends they wont prefer the middle one anylonger as they already have couple of reliable cars in those segments like maruthi,hyundai ,ford...for fiat no way!!!
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    I am damn sure that there is no chance of Punto 1.6 before Linea 1.6. I also highly doubt whether Fiat will ever think of launching Punto 1.6. Even the 90 HP version of Punto is not a big draw for Fiat.
  4. 1.6 MJD . I don't think it is possible as fiat does not seem to have a proper matching gearbox to go with the engine here in India. If punto 1.6 MJD is a reality then my 90 h will be put on the block ;-)
  5. dont know but even today malik cars were telling that fiat is getting ready for the 1.6mjd before it comes out in the polo
  6. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

its highly unlikely that Punto 1.6 will be launched here in india. in fact we indian are not really prepared for a more expensive hatchback. Punto 90 HP is not selling like hotcakes becoz of the price factor. Fiat India right now is concentrating on launching small cars for india where it can improve their market volume. the small car below 3 lakhs mark (alto range) and the new Palio is up their mind.
  7. sungoa2010

Fiat should come with Punto sport 1.6 and 1.4 Tjet. We need a successor for Palio 1.6 GTX. It will dominate Polo 1.6 in all the driving aspects.
  8. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    That would have happened only if they were selling over 5000 cars a month. At this rate :A
  9. Tron

Tron Superiore

:confused1 to be frank guys i personally dont feel that it will happen soon...1.6MJD in punto at this stage dont support any strategy!
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  10. basis

basis Amatore

Punto 1.4 E stopped and U R dreaming about Punto 1.6 MJD?

Indian customer are not ready for this. They should introduce Pailo 1.3 MJD with 6 L on Road.