1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

punto 1.6mjd coming?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by srikaratluri, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Today morning my dad spoke to Rajesh Malik(owner Malik Cars) in Hyderabad. My dad asked him if there was any chance to launch the punto 1.6mjd and he said that volkswagen are getting ready to launch polo 1.6 diesel. And fiat wants to launch this model within the next two months.
  2. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    A lot of speculation from everybody but no concert news yet! If they do launch it in 2 months, it would be Fiat's best kept secret so far :p
  3. but this info was given by owner of malik cars showroom. Think it might be correct. And the 2 months time also seems to be correct as they wanted to launch before the polo 1.6 diesel, which as per rumours is scheduled to be launched in may or june.
  4. I take this statement with a pinch of salt.

Given the fact that the launch Ford Fiesta is around the corner, I don't understand why Fiat wants to bring in the Fiat Punto 1.6 MJD before Fiat Linea 1.6 MJD. :confused1. They should launch both the Fiat Punto 1.6 MJD & Fiat Linea 1.6 MJD on the same day, preferably within a month or two.

OT : What's stopping Fiat from launching the Fiat Linea in 1.6 MJD avatar. ::O
  5. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Probably the cost factor.
    I have mentioned this in another thread also. FIAT must manufacture the TJET and 1.6MJD in India itself to reduce the cost.
    Linea TJET already goes beyond 10L in many cities. With the 1.6 MJD it would touch 11L. If they plan to launch the dualogic at a later stage,it would be nearly 12L on road!!
    If at all they launch the 1.6 MJD, it should happen to both Linea and Punto on the same day and must be advertised heavily as a NEW ENGINE INTRODUCTION from FIAT, rather than a new car launch.
    Also, FIAT must scrape the 1.3FGT versions of Punto. 1.3 VGT should be standard across Punto range and the 1.6 can be named as the Punto Sport.
    Similarly, with sx4 diesel round the corner as well as the Fiesta, 1.6MJD and TJET must be standard across the Linea range. There is no need for the 1.4NA petrol and 1.3VGT for Linea.
    But again all these engines must be manufactured in India.
    Just my 2 cents.
  6. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    What would be the cost of it... 90HP costs around 7.8 on road... this means 1.6MJD Punto Emotion Pack will cost 9+... who will buy it in india..... Also i am sure FIAT is not stopping 1.2FIRE engines... As 1.2 Active and Emotion model is selling good... So this means they have the smae car with dif hearts ranging from 5 lacs to 9 lacs on road.... This will really be a bad strategy from FIAT.

Instead they should launch something like Bravo with 1.6MJD and manufacture it in india and sell at 9+...
  7. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    I booked my jet recently, had a talk with the dealer on 1.6 MJD launch and they made it very clear NOT IN NEAR FUTURE.

We have to wait and see, there are not even scoop's of 1.6 MJD so chances are remote.

Thanks
    Vasu
  8. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    Fiat is not able to position its present range of cars properly, then how will it handle the 1.6 version. 1.3 VGT is positioned so high up the market that its not finding many buyers. and Punto 1.6 at 9 lakhs will be a waste of money for Fiat.

Fiat shud position its car properly only then it will find more buyers otherwise it will be just a wasted opportunity.

1.3 VGT shud be standard for the Punto range with price starting from the current 1.3 FGT Active version. and the Punto 1.6 MJD shud be in the current 1.3 VGT range.
  9. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Just an engine upgrade to 1.6L won't increase the cost much. Like T-Jet Plus, if they add bigger wheels, leather seats, all disc brakes etc then the cost might increase by 1.5lacs.

Just swap the engine with 1.6MJD, the cost increase wont be more than 50k IMO.
  10. @vasu
    My dad asked him only about the punto not about the linea. Will let you know the further details on monday or tuesday..