1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

punto 1.4 petrol clutch stuck...cannot change gear

Discussion in 'Technical' started by winimation, Sep 23, 2014.

1. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi, i was driving back from office when intermittently gear shift was beahving abruptly. When i parked the car on the westin road near oberoi mall, i was unable to move the car as i cannot slot it in gear. There is no play in the clutch and the brake is also become very light and there is some noise.

Now the problem is that the car is out of warranty, and i cannot get it towed to the service centre. How do i fix the problem. Is there a way i can fix it and then take it to the service centre.

Guys please help. The car is parked inna no parking zone of the road between westin and oberoi mall. Dont knw what to do.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    For the night , see if there is any suitable and safe parking spot. Push the car till there with the help of someone. Have it flat bedded to FASS in the morning. That's about all I can suggest.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    There could be very less chance of towing (by traffic cop) at night.

I will also recommend you one other thing. You can also try press-depress clutch pedal couple of times with engine shut and try engaging later. Also when you start car again, keep the hand-brake pulled up and clutch pedal pressed to be safe before you release it slowly to move.

Or follow as advised above.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  4. winimation

winimation Amatore

Mumbai
    Thanks guys! I tried the manual press depress of clutch (with hand) and was able to get the car moving. Have got it home. Will plan and then take it to service centre.

Dont know how much the cost will be at service centre. There are lot of other nagging problems. Horn doesn't work, the bonnet hold handle rid has come out. Squeaking sound comes from the engine belt. I think its time to sell the car.

Can you recommend a good service centre. Torrid or RS motors?
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    For me Torrid is closer to office, but RS is closer to home and RS is better to give detailed attention to your car. But that's my personal choice for a long time.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 24, 2014 ---
    The question is do you like the car enough to set right those niggles or you just feel like moving on. Because you could fix many of those niggles and still have trouble-free car, unless you have set mind on upgrade to like another diesel Fiat again. :) :confused:
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2014