1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.4 MULTIAIR EASY

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by Jigs, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Hello Fiatians surprise with the title right.????
    As I have already posted one thread of purchasing my TWine Fiat Linea MJD 2012 Emotion and I must say I am proud owner of Linea. Right now I am at Durban, South Africa at my client site.

So I came here in June initially with my colleagues we have purchased a used car for out daily commuting the car is called Hyundai Matrix,
    hyundai-Matrix.jpg

this is new for Indians because we have never seen this car in India it is more of a cross MPV-Hatch from Hyundai with 1.6 petrol generates 101 hp(Same as Verna Transform Petrol). So Its not that fun to drive car neither fuel efficient. So first few months I shared this car with friends.

Now, after few months I was getting frustrated with this car so I stop driving and in between that I am looking for other options as in South Africa you can have lots of options this country is car crazy I must admit. As I am on work permit and no plan to settle looking for long term rental car which is very common here. Here people prefer Petrol cars as price are almost same and not too many diesel car options available in market. So I started to look for our favorite Fiat. I have search all the rental sites in Durban but in vein they offers Volkswagen and Hyundai at good budget price but no view of Fiat. After searching for long I found a rental service in Johannesburg they provides Fiat cars on rent. I was so happy and checked their site they have two options available Fiat 500 and Grande Punto.

Then I called them for quotation about fiat car for my surprise they provide both car almost at same price. I was planning for Fiat 500 and asked them to book one for me but later I realize it will be fun to drive car but I have to sacrifice in space at rear and boot. So I just drop the idea of 500 and I booked Punto. When I made the inquiry about engine and specification the executive had no idea she just told me that it will be Punto 1.4 Easy. So I checked the site it says Punto 1.4 Easy 57kw(77hp). I thought it will work. So all the booking process is finish. As I am staying in Durban and rental office is in Johannesburg 600 kms away. So planned for weekend trip but again for my surprise they told me they will drop the car to Durban at no extra cost I am so glad to hear that.

Now the day had came a lady called me Sir I am outside your office building please collect your car. I ran there immediately and there is one beautiful car waiting for me in Coarse Grey color which is as good as new. She ask me to check exterior for any defect or dent and also interiors. I have checked and happy with the inspection she gave me key and she went away. I opened the door and entered in car I was greeted with new interior and one more surprise a 6 - Speed Gear liver. 20140915_130238.jpg

I still thought that this may be new model with 6 -speed and 77hp. I driven car to the parking it was smooth as butter rubbery feeling in fiat's gear shifting is till there but i have no problem with that. When i back to office I checked fiat's South africa site for Punto but there is no 77bhp punto with 6-Speed gear there is only one model with 6-speed is 1.4 Multiair 77kw(105 hp) so in the evening I just opened the bonnet and checked and there was a big smile on my face its a Multiair. Taking a fiat car came with lots of surprises. I will post a full detail about driving experience later but meantime i have taken some pictures that I am uploading here which may not be as clear as you like but I will click few soon and will upload. i know everyone wants to see the picture of Engine bay that will upload very soon.
    20140915_130307.jpg 20140915_130324.jpg 20140916_144959.jpg

20140915_130330.jpg

20140915_130336.jpg 20140915_130207.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  2. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Wow ,I was stunned by these set of pictures & those alloys..Looks fleshy & yummy ,I want to eat it.Awesome Jigs :).I wish this innocent pure Italish should have been dropped here instead of the the angrier update :(.Can you post some more pictures especially the front ?
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Awesome! Enjoy the Multiair.

Maybe its the photographs but the paint finish on that Punto looks something truly special. Great color as well.

Cheers
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Would be great to know the FE readings on this Multiair. Would matter a lot to great deal of Indians since it will be inbound towards India someday in future. :)

Thanks.
    bharath likes this.
  5. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Oh yes.Lets stick to our basics :) #mileage.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Wow you lucky man. Enjoy the multi air and do let us know how she sings in the open roads.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Slight correction, FE not mileage. ;)

@Jigs, a few pics from bay etc. and differences/extras in the South African version would be welcome to note. :)
    bharath likes this.
  8. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    OT: Actually, I referred to Fuel economy :). It has been a long time doubt for me where the comments quote mileage both for distance covered and fuel economy and now I got the clarity by referring in Google itself :D.All of a sudden, an eye opener!
    Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mileage

9. I will soon upload few more pics specially engine bay. :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 16, 2014 ---
    Gujinderji the paint quality is very good and fit and finish is way better then Fiat India.
    When I took delivery it shows in trip 6.9 for 100 kilometers means average of 14.44. Now lets see how much I can manage. But people drives very fast here because road/highways are excellent for driving here.
    I have tried in the morning while coming to office it zooms to 110 in no time but i have to apply breaks because of little traffic. Still not able to use 6th Gear properly. Waiting for weekend for long drive. ;)
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
    bharath and zenwalker like this.
  10. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore
    Waiting for more pics and driving experience :)
    Also if you see, bonnet release button is on the passenger side. Is it some kind of norm there?

What are those buttons next to hazard light switch?