1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.4 Emotion Discontinued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by gurus, Mar 22, 2011.

1. gurus

gurus Amatore

BLR/AZ
    Ravi,
    As I said in my first post, thread in What Car section contains many information apart from the topic information
    Please merge or delete post as you see apt

Guru
  2. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    As I already confirmed the following in viewtopic.php?f=62&t=2052

1> Punto 1.4 E DISCONTINUED. But 1.4 Fire engine will get the full support. Price for 1.4 E shown in the portal is for old stock only (2009,2010 model)

2> Punto 1.2 E not included with Driver seat adjust, ABS+EBD etc...

In my opinion this is a real bad move by FIAT.

Say, I was interested in 1.4E , I am also ok with 1.2 E but not without Driver seat adjust, ABS+EBD etc.....

So now I have to either go for 1.3 E or will wait for Figo 1.6S (petrol)
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Could be that 1.4E wasnt very successfull in terms of sales numbers. On the road, it's mostly 1.3 MJD or 1.2.
    Until recently, Air bags, ABS+EBD, and adjustable driver's seat were available only top end mdels of all car makers. But now all other car makers started making these a standard feature in all variants. Even Astar has ABS. FIAT now restricts it to certain variants only. That may not be a good move. Safety and security is of utmost importance. Buyers today are more conscious of safety and security and will go for cars that offer these features too.
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I did not see the Linea 1.4 Emotion as well in the recent pricelist given. Not sure if the Linea 1.4 Emotion is stopped as well.
  5. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    fiatlover is correct.

Looks like Fiat India want to kill itself.

In that case Ford and others will be greatly benefited.
  6. gurus

gurus Amatore

BLR/AZ
    @fiatlover - I agree....If the sales for this variant is low then
    Reduce the price or give these features in 1.2. I'm sure more people will buy punto if 1.2 has these features...that is why I felt FIAT missed out a chance to re-align the variant...

@nkrishnap - that is strange...
  7. basis

basis Amatore

Bangalore
    @@nkrishnap: I can see the price for Linea 1.4 Emotion but not sure if discontinued. donot buy 2010 model.
  8. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I never understood the point of having the 1.2 variant in the Punto. The heavy weight alongwith the lowest bhp among all 1.2L cars means the Punto 1.2 is a pointless car.

I feel Fiat needs to take a call on where it wants the Fiat and the Punto brand to be positioned. That and ONLY that will improve sales.

Currently they seem confused about what they want.

I say axe the 1.2 and rework the tuning of the 1.4L engine and the gearing of all Punto's and make them genuinely fun to drive cars.

There are enough of point A to B cars in our country.

Position your car's as vehicles that will take you from point A to B with a wide grin on our face.
  9. gurus

gurus Amatore

BLR/AZ
    If I have to go with amit, then I would suggest make Punto more dynamic and fun to drive...
    Introduce existing Palio with BS4 1.2 FIRE and 1.3 MJD and reduce the price..
    Will this realign the products? I think FIAT management and handling should be made as a case study
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I guess 1.2 is selling more as the price is less (Correct me if i am wrong),
    Fiat's should make the news of launching the next car soon, rather than fiddling with the existing models.