1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.4 Emotion Discontinued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by gurus, Mar 22, 2011.

1. gurus

gurus Amatore

BLR/AZ
    Just wanted to create this thread because of following reason:
    "Bad News! Punto 1.4 Emotion Discontinued." thread in What Car section contains many information apart from the topic information

My questions:

Why 1.4 E was discontinued? - I think expected sales numbers not attained?
    Is there any change in 1.2 E variant? Was any feature added? features changed in other variants also? ---Specman a.k.a PS can chip in here :)
    Why T-jet was not introduced now? I think that should have been part of this exercise.. :hit
    What is the price change before and after?

Mods- Please delete this post if you find it is apt.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Specman hereby confirms that 1.2 Emotion does not get ABS & driver seat height adjustment even after 1.4 Emotion gets discontinued. ::V
    Just 1.4 Emotion is being discontinued altogether.
    Rather than bringing Punto T-JET, it is more important to bring a small car to compete with Alto, Santro and another car (Palio with new name) to compete with FIGO. And then bring Linea 1.6MJD.

Fiat has committed a small mistake in my opinion by focusing on Swift rather than i20 or Polo while launching Punto.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    The current version is fine, I think they should launch the new car in the range of alto to catch the market, Minimise the cost like,singe wipers, simple seats, fibre support to the rear seat, only one ORVM, No wheel caps, It will work ::T
  4. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Oh My God! Is there any plan to discontinue 1.4 FIRE Petrol engine completely? I'l be in a soup becoz recently bought Linea.
    Availability of engine spares should not become nightmare?
  5. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    ^^^ only Punto 1.4 Emotion is being discontinued ....

Though this news is nt confrmed ,,,

Dlp_dmk
  6. gurus

gurus Amatore

BLR/AZ
    I checked the price quote I had a month back with now. Hardly 600-1500 Rs difference. Also there is no feature difference. As PS said this is just punto 1.4 E getting discontinued. There is no advantage for user here.
    I thought they will introduce 1.2 EP or Tjet. I know many people who are ok with 1.2 engine but not ready to compromise on safety features. So we know what they will end up buying because of budget issues. Atleast 1.2 EP as option shld have been provided...
    I expected this on the lines of 90hp, Tjet in Linea etc.
    Small car/palio is in diffeernt segment...so that will take time...I feel FIAT missed an opportunity to re-align punto petrol...
  7. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore
    If it's true, what does one (1.4 FIRE owner) got to worry about? Spares, service, ? Since Linea 1.4 shares the same platform, am assuming, the spares shouldn't be a problem for most of the equipments. Thoughts/feedback plz..
  8. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    What is the buzz all about the GP Emotion 1.4 being discontinued :confused The car is still showing with New updated prices on the FIAT India Website. Screen shot attached for your reference:

Punto 1.4.JPG
  9. gurus

gurus Amatore

BLR/AZ
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3