1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.4 Dynamic owners

Discussion in 'Punto 1.4 Fire' started by sreedhara_bj, Sep 16, 2011.

1. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Hi All,

Just I wanted to know how many of us own 1.4 Dynamic (Discontinued from March 2010).

Being a proud owner, i don't see much of these in Bangalore (just saw only one till date :)). Can see many MJD's.

May be we can discuss the problems faced, modifications done etc.

Here are my few points.

1) Purchased on March 2010 for 5.15 lacs on road. Done 14k+ kms. (My monthly running is low). In City gives 10-12 with AC, and long drive 15+.
    2) During AC upgrade, I had to wait for about 1 month for the part availability because of this specific model. .
    3) Power window buttons still not upgraded. @ Concord, they quoted around 4.5k for that (They could have done for 1.5k)
    4) Dash board broke while installing ICE. They had to replace with Active model one which was quite blackish. So 2 colors (not visible so much though). I'l post the pictures later.
    5) AC from the beginning was quite good compared to my Friend's 1.2 Active. So after upgrade, I see very minimal difference.
    6) Got highest mileage of 18.2 (on Hosur road)
    7) Touched max speed of 170+ (I was aiming @ 180 :) while returning from Puttaparti to Benagluru)
    8) Got fog lamps installed @ 4.5k

Only thing which I disliked is the manual stalk type RVM adjustments.

Next major upgrade which i am planning is 15" Alloys.

Just wanted to hear from other 1.4 Dynamites .
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  2. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    1.4s are rare of the even rarer fiats. i own a 1.4 dynamic pack linea bought in march 10, and same mil;age as yours 14800 sumthin. since we have the same engine we can share our experience. the only problem i have is that despite driving sedately on highways keeping an eye on the MID my car has never returned more than 15kmpl. though the mid shows 19 the actual figures vary a lot. i also feel that the power delivery is not consistent. i behaves as the car is running on near empty fuel tank. had got some electro valve replaced as it caused some weird noise. but the problem sustains. showed it to the mechanic he finds the vaccum created in the fuel tank to be the problem as the valve replaced is also related to it. as the SC is 60kms away from my place, yet to give the car. besides the suspension pads seems to be making odd noise now and then though not consistent. have got used to the tyre noise which earlier used to play spoil sport during highway drives.
  3. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Is the mileage drop is because of that? whenever i said 15+, MID as well manual calculations doesn't differ much. may be after solving the problem u can check once.

As I know 1.4 is enough for Punto but not for Linea, so that why u r observing power loss.
  4. sungoa2010

I also fee the slight inconsistent power delivery. Is it due to drive by wire technology that used in Fiat?