1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3MJD was my destiny

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by redtux, Dec 15, 2010.

1. redtux

redtux

Trivandrum
    After 19k kms, both strut mounts (Elastic pads) are busted. The 'twang' is clearly audible while turning the steering. Unfortunately elastic pads are not in stock:A. Recently the ride has become very harsh. Would this change after replacing the elastic pads?
  2. redtux

redtux

Trivandrum
    Got both the strut mounts changed (part no: 0059117281 & 0059117282). Additionally two "caps" (Part no: 0059117154) has been fixed.

My warranty claim was rejected saying that "hardening is not covered as there is no breakage":shocked . So does it mean that we can claim warranty only if the struts break and we are stranded on the road? My car has run only 19k kms and i have extended warranty too.

Guys,
    I want to write an e-mail to get a refund from whoever is concerned. What are the mail ids? Please help.

Its a known fact that the "Elastic pads" of all 2009 -2010 models have issues an have been replaced. I personally know 2-3 guys who have got it replaced under warranty. Instead of doing a recall, these idiots are putting the expense on our heads. Rs 2508 * 2 + Rs 550 (labor) + Rs 350 (alignment) = Rs 5916 + taxes.

Note: The TASC guys replaced the heater plug under warranty though I had no complaints (smell a scam)
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012