1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Punto 1.3MJD JK tyres wearing fast

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Ajeesh Cherian, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Ajeesh Cherian

Ajeesh Cherian Timido

Kochi
    Kochi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dear All,
    I had purchased punto from HYSON 1 year back which was affixed with JK Tyres and now i have completed almost 17000 kms and yet the tyres are wearing off much faster than expected. Now the condition is severe and i should change the tyres as soon as possible. As of my information this is due to the manufacturing defect of those particular tyres and have talked to other customers who had the same issue. While those who got other brand of tyres had no issues whatsoever.
    I had highlighted this issue during my last service center visit and they took pics of the tyres, rechecked the alignment. After that i am only offered 30% discount on my next purchase. This is unfair that i have to suffer for their manufacturing defects and errors in Fiat QC. I am a loyal FIAT customer; my family own Fiat cars ranging from Padmini onwards, and i had huge expectations in my association with HYSON, yet i had to suffer for your mistakes and not get compensated at least. As a customer I am not burdened to suffer through all this after all the complaints i have made.

Someone kindly share your findings to get this issue resolved.

Regards
    Ajeesh Cherian
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Ajeesh,

Sorry to hear your pain. I would suggest to highlight this issue to Fiat India on their FB page. If nothing works out, suggest to take the offer from Fiat and get the tyres changed at the earliest. You dont want to have any untoward incident due to already worn out tyres. Atleast with the new tyres you will have warranty. If possible get the WA/WB done at a reputed place to ensure that settings are correct.

Am surprised to note that Fiat had JK tyres on Punto's a year back coz I have got the Apollo Aceleres on my Punto which I purchased almost an year back.
  3. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    Dear All,
    I had purchased punto from HYSON 1 year back which was affixed with JK Tyres and now i have completed almost 17000 kms and yet the tyres are wearing off much faster than expected. Now the condition is severe and i should change the tyres as soon as possible. As of my information this is due to the manufacturing defect of those particular tyres and have talked to other customers who had the same issue. While those who got other brand of tyres had no issues whatsoever.
    I had highlighted this issue during my last service center visit and they took pics of the tyres, rechecked the alignment. After that i am only offered 30% discount on my next purchase. This is unfair that i have to suffer for their manufacturing defects and errors in Fiat QC. I am a loyal FIAT customer; my family own Fiat cars ranging from Padmini onwards, and i had huge expectations in my association with HYSON, yet i had to suffer for your mistakes and not get compensated at least. As a customer I am not burdened to suffer through all this after all the complaints i have made.

Someone kindly share your findings to get this issue resolved.

Regards
    Ajeesh Cherian

Ajeesh,

i bought my car in 2012 Feb and my stock jk/tornado tyres had the mileage of running only upto 25k.

Now i am running on Nankang tyres 205/60 bought it for Rs 3000 a piece reached 45k have another 20k life on it and frankly speaking nankang tyres are much better than those Jk stock tyres.

i suggest to take the offer from Fiat as they didn't offer anything to me when i reported it around 23 k and made huge noise but that time it was RF motors under Tata collaboration as they keep saying punto is heavier than any hatchback so tyres get worn out easily but i some how managed to run 28.5k, also in Fiat QC it is not easy to detect the quality of tyres which hasn't covered a specific km's.